The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
zicc1835

counterpart sheetmetal

i have a line on a single RH SB step bedside local the guy didnt use it.. i want to see if i can buy the LH side to match with reasonable shipping can someone tell who sells counterpart on east coast
thanks
jz
Attached Images

zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: counterpart sheetmetal

Top Banana does I think. i do know that they have got all of my shops business if they have the parts I need. I have bought from lots of other places but like them best. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Top Banana does I think. i do know that they have got all of my shops business if they have the parts I need. I have bought from lots of other places but like them best. Jim
thanks Jim funny i was just on their site i have purchased from them before i sent them an email to ask if they are counterpart
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
DaHos

Top Banana = KeyParts
Old 04-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Tim Christian

Guys all Key Parts does is drop ship for them. The same we do for Brothers, GMCPauls, Classic Heartbeat and every other vendor that buys from us. (Key Parts) That is who I work for. Top Banana is not owned by us.

Last edited by Tim Christian; 04-11-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Christian View Post
Guys all Key Parts does is drop ship for them. The same we do for Brothers, GMCPauls, Classic Heartbeat and every other vendor that buys from us. (Key Parts) That is who I work for. Top Banana is not owned by us.
Tim
so for the slow kid in the class ...help me out my question is counterpart what T banana sells ... so if i buy the counterpart RH bedside from a local guy will it be the same ... Gauge bolt up....etc. when i purchase the LH ...i guess my question then is does Key Parts drop ship Counterpart brand at T banana? I read that most all these sheet metal parts are made by one Co. with the exception of i believe Mark K says they make their own in good ole USA
thanks
Jess
or do i not save a few bucks and order all from a vender ....thoughts/opinions are appreciated
jz
Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
Tim Christian

The Counter Part and Tri-Plus one will match 100% for sure sometime they do come in both boxes. If it is dropped shipped from our warehouse it will match the one you got. You can buy it from several of our vendors such as GMCPauls , Bill Athleys, and several more that support our board. I hope I have not confused you.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Christian View Post
The Counter Part and Tri-Plus one will match 100% for sure sometime they do come in both boxes. If it is dropped shipped from our warehouse it will match the one you got. You can buy it from several of our vendors such as GMCPauls , Bill Athleys, and several more that support our board. I hope I have not confused you.
got it thank you
Old 04-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHos View Post
Top Banana = KeyParts
Guys,I think what DaHos meant was Top Banana sells Key Parts. At least that's how I took it. Counterpart will sell parts by other manufacturers,like Tri-Plus,that they don't make to offer customers a full line. Often they will have these parts boxed with their name on them,unless short on stock and parts are needed too quickly. This is normal throughout the market. There are some parts where once one outfit makes the part it's not feasible for a second one to produce it,due to cost of development vs return on sales. If you really need to know who actually made the part,just ask.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote