The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
midniteblues

fuel filter search

I would like too put my fuel filter along the frame rail at the split in my 3/8 hard line.
I did a search here to try too find a filter that has/accecpts the double flare on both ends and this is the only one i could find http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-gf652/overview/
I love useing summit but this filter is just a lil' more $ than i wanna pay for a throw away filter.
So does anyone know of a filter or a part # for one that i could pick up at a local store.

I did go too a "new" advance auto and checked what they had on the shelf and all i could find was the o ring style.

It being a new store i'm sure they didnt have a good selection.
they do sell the short lines with the oring flare deal on one end and a compression fitting on the other too fit the oring type but i would rather not have that many joints in the fuel line.

any help here would be awesome
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
davepl

Re: fuel filter search

Ummm... It's under twenty bucks and has all 5 star reviews. Not sure you're going to find a steel-wall, high flow, double-flare filter for cheaper.

I don't claim to know the service interval on these filters, but unless your tank is full of junk I have to guess at least 25,000 miles. In fact if you look at the C5 Corvette (very similar filter, if not the same) they don't even LIST it in the owner service intervals, and they go up to 150,000 miles.

If you do get 25,00 miles out of it, that's 0.0008 dollars per mile. Buy two and send me one, I think I've talked myself into it!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
FirstOwner69

That's a very common filter. If you click the Applications tab on the Summit listing, you'll get a list of everywhere it's used. Then you can look up your favorite brand's filter for any of those vehicles or just take the Delco part number to the auto store and use the cross reference chart for the brand you want.

Here are just 2.
Wix 33481.
Fram G3727

Jim

EDIT
Note that these filters appear to have metric fittings.

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 11-06-2014 at 09:21 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #4
In The Ten Ring

NAPA sells the round, metal filters for less than $20.00 and those would plug into a double flared line using rubber hose. I planned to do exactly what you are before I decided to put the filter just before my carb.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
midniteblues

ok guys i call summit yesterday and talked with the fella for a good while he told me that the above "linked" filter is a oring style filter. it makes sense if you open the applications on it.

he did a search and summit couldnt come up with a filter that would fit my needs without goin A N fittings.
but he did give me a bunch of part #'s too check into a few of them were napa and wix.

off too napa i went today spent an hour in the store all the part #'s the summit guy gave me were pretty much the same filter "oring style" or metric.
spent some time looking through the book and he could only come up with a "glass" style filter that accpects the double flare on both sides.

I dont know where else too look for such a critter so i'm gonna resort to "plan b" and put a universal filter in the rubber between the frame and pump.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote