The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #29
In The Ten Ring

Re: Tell me what you think !!

When I was younger all I wanted to do to my truck was to make it chromy. Chrome bumpers, trim around the windows, crazy radio and speakers, 4 speed in the floor, V8, move the gas tank.

Now that I'm older, I want my truck as original as possible, even going as far as buying NOS parts that wouldn't matter in the least, such as rockers and fenders. In fact, I wouldn't want to buy a truck that was anything but original.

I'm going to get a new cluster that has the 4 extra gauges because I think the truck should have that (especially the temp gauge) but I feel a bit guilty because that's not what my truck left the lot with! At least what I get will be OEM or NOS and correct.

Keep it original man. It's a truck.....not some pony car. It's built to work. Replace that steering wheel and haul stuff in it. I hate reading about LWB's cut down to SWB.....it's like cutting a long barrel rifle down to carbine length. Longer beds mean one can haul longer boards! I wish my truck was a LWB.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote