The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
Scottcoda

Inline 250 power brake upgrade help

I have been slowly collecting the parts I need to complete my front disc conversion and I have found that performanceonline.com is having a 10% off this weekend (code 0515) so I thought it would be a good chance to pull the trigger on my master cylinder but I have been recently considering doing a power brake upgrade.
My concern is with a possible clearance issue with the 11 inch booster being brought forward due to the bracket that goes to the firewall.
I was also considering doing a dual 8' diaphragm which is not as wide but looks much longer.
To throw more into the pot I found this 8' dual set up with the proportion valve under the MC which I have never seen before and is a few hundred dollars cheaper but is on ebay. see link http://www.ebay.com/itm/331486111054...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Not sure which way to go or to just forget the power brake upgrade..
Anyone who has done a power brake upgrade with my kind of set up, advice would be greatly appreciated.. or any advice from anyone for that matter!!! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: Inline 250 power brake upgrade help

I've always found that the factory set-up seems to work the best. I'd go with the one on the left..........looks more OE
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
70shortstep
Registerd User

Got mine from performance online. Had a leak on prop valve. Customer service sucks. Finally got new valve and seems to work great. Still have to paint breather

My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=613398
70shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
Custom/Ten

I went with the 11 inch. It will require a different air cleaner than the factory manual setup. Here's a pic of my setup.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  59.0 KB the guy above me has a factory air cleaner for the power brake setup and that is what I would recommend. They are unfortunately super rare and as far as I know you can't get an aftermarket one. I've never seen one for sale but if you were to find one it would likely be on the parts board here. That's where I got my factory ps bracket. They do make factory ps brackets but man they are ugly, and way overpriced! Back to the topic lol, yes an 11 inch booster w/bracket will fit, but not with an original air cleaner. Hard to say if it would fit with the air cleaner you have, it would be real close.

Last edited by Custom/Ten; 05-21-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Custom/Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
Custom/Ten

Just noticed your valve cover, I think you need a pcv valve in the rear, I don't think that's right. Could be wrong but I would look into that too. It does look good though, if that does function as a pcv valve then I want one lol!
Custom/Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70shortstep View Post

Got mine from performance online. Had a leak on prop valve. Customer service sucks. Finally got new valve and seems to work great. Still have to paint breather
Hey thanks for responding!! Your input was a big help!! Other than customer service sucking did you have any issues with install??, Any major modifications you needed to do??
Old 05-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #7
70shortstep
Registerd User

I was very pleased with everything. Install was painless. I liked the look. If not for dealing with their customer service I would give it an A+. I called and told them the prop valve was leaking and they said they would send another. Long story short, after several calls and several weeks the part came in. Replaced it and seems to be doing great. The truck isn't on the road yet, still finishing it up.

My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=613398
70shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom/Ten View Post
Just noticed your valve cover, I think you need a pcv valve in the rear, I don't think that's right. Could be wrong but I would look into that too. It does look good though, if that does function as a pcv valve then I want one lol!
It is a pcv valve.. Works great, I think I paid like 20 bucks on ebay or amazon.
Here is a link to one on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Milled-Valve-Cover-Brea... http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Milled-Valve-Cover-Brea...