The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
grizzlyoutlaw

Re: Grizzly's Green Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Just a few suggestions - do what you can to retrieve/preserve that build sheet in the back of your seat. It is unique to your truck and details all the specifics. Bear in mind all the rubber parts in your brakes will likely need to be rebuilt or replaced. This includes not only the master and wheel cylinders, but the flexible hoses as well. Those generally deteriorate from the inside out, so even if they look decent replace them as well before flushing/bleeding the system.

And last but most important - take lots of picture now. It's always a bummer years in the future when you look back on how far the project has come, and discover there are very few if any photos of what it looked like when it first arrived.

Good luck, that's a nice looking truck.
Thank you Mark! I documented that sheet and will see how it survives getting the seat redone. A good friend of mine that did a 64 had the same advice. I have documented everything I have done and every bolt that gets taken off! It appears the brakes/bushing were replaced at some point as they appear much newer than the truck.

Tossed in the wheel and floor covers so it doesn't look so plain.
[IMG][/IMG]

Picked up a new drivers window I will install. Not sure what happened to the original.

Replaced the two flat tires, but it still has a serious lean. maybe worn springs?

While changing the tires I documented the suspension. Brake lines look fine

This bushing looks new.

2014 Cummins Ram
1999 Ram Sport
2005 Frontier Prerunner
grizzlyoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote