The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
Kodiaks53

Re: 51 Chevy 1/2 ton, My S10 swap

Atommik, I have the same steering column in my 53 and it came from a 89 Chevy van. Got it from a buddy who owns a wrecking yard.
Just re-read your entire build thread. Found a couple of things that will help me out. I'm using the sending unit in the S-10 tank, I'm also using the gas gauge out of a 79 Chevy pickup. I hope the 79 is a 90 ohm unit.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Atommik

Re: 51 Chevy 1/2 ton, My S10 swap

So with winter here, all I really can do is look at my truck and plan the next upgrade/ change/ do over. You get the idea. I decided to let my artistic side step up and add some artwork to my build. I took off the Cadillac air cleaner and added some flames. I figured it was small enuf that it wouldn't be too involved and big enough to be interesting. Also if I didn't like how it turned out I could just keep my hood shut at shows!
I've laid out flames before, and even painted some very simple flames on a friends dirt bike gas tank before, but these were a little more involved.

I used the materials we have at work for collision repair refinishing (water bourn color and urethane clear). I also did not have an air brush but did use a Sata Mini-jet paint gun. The pictures of the finished project turned out a little dark so the colors don't show up very well. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.
Attached Images

Atommik is offline   Reply With Quote