The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2016, 08:24 AM   #8
R_W

Re: Leaky brake issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah92260 View Post
I'm gonna take care of it soon, thank you.... Since you've done then befor, is there a procedure to do them? Anything I need to watch out for or make sure of when I replace them?

Take lots of photos before you start, helps to get everything back in the same spot. There are two screws that hold the cylinder in place, soak those with PB Blaster.

The pic is a rear set, so it has extra e-brake parts shown. If you don't plan to replace all the springs, if you remove the hi-lited parts (two springs and connector rod) you should be able to spread the shoes out enough to get the wheel cylinder out.

That said I recommend if you have it open replace all you can. Spring kits are cheap, shoes are not too expensive, etc.

The adjuster - knurled ring at bottom of shoes - sometimes is frozen up. I break it free, clean good, and usually put a little anti-seize on the threads.

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote