The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: Newbie help

it depends on what you are willing to take on and how common these trucks are in your area. for me, finding a 1/2 ton short 41-46 (based on the bed and front clip) with most of the sheetmetal, I would have already bought it and posted a project thread because they just arent that common, especially intact, with rear fenders, and a number plate.

I can understand why you are apprehensive, there may be a few parts that are different, and having a 40 cab that looks like a 41 truck might concern you. but a 40 has teh same dash layout as a 41, and for another example, my 41 sure looks like a 46 cab (there are slight differences) but it has a number plate and that is all that matters, to me anyway.

so unless you are going all out resto, it wouldnt be a big deal to me as long as I could get it titled. the upper brace is available on ebay, in fact I had an extra one before I picked up my last cab and the farmer (being helpful) torched off that brace. cest la vie!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote