The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2004, 02:02 AM   #1
chevy69er

Disc brakes on an HO52?!

I have a 69 C-20 with an HO52 rear end and i was wondering if anyone has converted it to disc brakes.If so how would you go about doing it and is it worth it?Any input on this subject is appreciated.Thanks
1969 C-20,383 stroker,sm465,custom long travel front suspension,4 wheel disc brakes,35" pro comps...mods under way include: 4x4 conversion,and custom bumpers.future mods include: gear vendors od unit,and relocation of fuel cell.
chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:50 AM   #2
1969 GMC

you should send a PM to board member drink2mny about this...the company he represents, Blackbirds custom trucks, offers a disc brake kit for the Eaton axle.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:13 AM   #3
chevy69er

thanks i'll try to pm him and i'll let ya'll know about it.
1969 C-20,383 stroker,sm465,custom long travel front suspension,4 wheel disc brakes,35" pro comps...mods under way include: 4x4 conversion,and custom bumpers.future mods include: gear vendors od unit,and relocation of fuel cell.
chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:31 AM   #4
drink2mny

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969 GMC
you should send a PM to board member drink2mny about this...the company he represents, Blackbirds custom trucks, offers a disc brake kit for the Eaton axle.
Thanks 1969 GMC

Yes we make a kit designed for the eaton axle..

Here is a link to the GM page
GM Rear Disc Brake Kits .

The online prices include FREE shipping to the states ( out of the USA orders will be handled differently)..

Sorry, we do not sell the bracket seperately or give out information about measurements..

Our business is an option you have..There are other companies out there that make this kit and charge an arm and a leg then add a shipping cost that is very high depending where you live..

You also could search Google for info on what measurements, but I personally haven't come across one..

Feel free to ask any questions on here, and if I can't answer them feel free to call Randy the owner of Blackbird's Custom Trucks.
He is easy gentleman to work with and the only one who deals with his customers one on one(no parts department or sales department to deal with)

Hope this helps
and thank you again for your time

I forgot to add.. When looking at the other companies you will notice they use seperate spacers over the bolts, We have seen and heard that these type of kits under alot of stress have a tendancy to twist and fatigue.. We use a solid 1 piece spacer..

Thanks again