The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2022, 12:13 AM   #1
NoNeck

Re: Another one underway! Meet project Savannah

It's been awhile since I have checked in but I have been working on our new Key Parts radiator support this week.

I had my buddy Dan at ProMetals in Chattanooga TN media blast, prime and powder coat it and a few other parts. It turned out awesome. They used Satin Black that closely matches the original GM color.

I have had the headlight buckets, windshield washer jar, hood latch and radiator hold down bracket restored for awhile, so I bolted them on.
New headlights, headlight adjusters, hood adjustment bumpers and a new washer jar finished it up. I used some new phosphate bolts left over from our last build.

It looks like it's smiling.

POP
Attached Images

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #2
NoNeck

Chad and I worked on the engine that will be going into his truck yesterday and made some progress.

He had researched performance LS heads and decided to go with a cool set from Gibbons Motorsports in Mooresville, NC. They flow like crazy and the quality and engineering in these heads is incredible. Chad can chime in with the specifics of the heads, valve springs, etc.

The Corvette LS2 intake looks right at home and really cleans up the top of the motor.

Next step is to mate up the engine with the 4L80 transmission and stall convertor and drop it into the truck.

POP
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2022, 10:08 AM   #3
NoNeck

We accomplished a lot yesterday on Chad's truck. A little bit sore this morning, but progress is a good thing,

We watched a video online with instructions on how to build a cab lift that works with an engine hoist. The cab lift worked perfect and I want to thank Paul at Paulk.com for providing spot-on dimensions. Our version is shown below.

After disconnecting everything from the cab, we separated the cab from the frame to get it ready for Vapor Blasting. The fenders, hood, bed panels will be blasted and sprayed with a good coat of Epoxy Primer.

The cab dolly was welded together from scrap metal tubing. We bolted the cab to the dolly using the original rubber cab mounts and bolts. It is super easy to roll around the shop with one person.

To open up some room at Chad's I will be bring the chassis to my house for complete prep and detailing. Stay tuned...

POP
Attached Images