The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
hrc200x

6 hole aftermarket Toyota rims fit on '86 4x4?

A guy I work with has Rebel Wheels on a late 80s toyota. We tried fitting them on a '86 fullsize 4x4 silverado. Bolt holes lined up, the rear tire/rim bolt up just fine. But the fronts scraped, it appeared that the stick on wheel weights hit the caliper mount plate. Doesn't seem like they hit by much, but it was enough to not be able to turn it by hand. Anyone successfuly swapped rims from a Toyota to a chevy? Think if I remove the stick on wheel weights it will clear just fine?

Also, anyone heard of Rebel wheel? I tried a search for them on the net, didn't find a whole lot.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc200x
A guy I work with has Rebel Wheels on a late 80s toyota. We tried fitting them on a '86 fullsize 4x4 silverado. Bolt holes lined up, the rear tire/rim bolt up just fine. But the fronts scraped, it appeared that the stick on wheel weights hit the caliper mount plate. Doesn't seem like they hit by much, but it was enough to not be able to turn it by hand. Anyone successfuly swapped rims from a Toyota to a chevy? Think if I remove the stick on wheel weights it will clear just fine?

Also, anyone heard of Rebel wheel? I tried a search for them on the net, didn't find a whole lot.
Late 80's 4x4 toys are IFS front and run a deep back space like a front wheel drive. Will have clearence issues but cause Toy runs a 4 piston fixed caliper.

A chevy rim will not fit a toy without machining out the hub center.

Izusu, Nissan, Toyota all run the same 6 on 5.5 lug pattern. It dates back to GM helped the Japanees auto industry get back on it's feet after WWII. A Toyota I6 used in a FJ40 is based on the GM 252 I 6. My 86 4Runner a GM mechanical Fuel Pump will bolt onto the head but has the wrong bend on the arm to work. My old 1989 Supra was the same deal and that I6 Motor was a later generation of the FJ motor with a overhead cam head so they could shave the lifter area off the side of the block. The also went to a timing belt so they machined the front of the block flat. The run a mid shaft where the Cam would have been to drive the oil pump.

Now you know why Toyota runs the same lug pattern and their mechanicla ful pumps look so much like GM.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote