The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #1
RustyPile

Re: Frustration ! In cab fuel sending unit inop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
Thanks Rusty ! You remind me of Sister Cabrini in 4Th grade science class !…I will follow your directions explicitly from now on…
Sister Cabrini had a point to make.... So do I..

Sarcasm aside, It's very easy to track down a coolant leak or oil leak... Simply back track the "trail" they leave behind... Electrical "leaks" are more difficult to track down.. Invisible electrons travel through a wire and don't "leave a trail" so to speak, when they go astray.. First, you have to fully understand how electricity works in a circuit, of which there are several types. Follow a methodical troubleshooting technique and knowing how to use and operate test instruments that "read" those electrons is mandatory.

In your case, the gauge symptoms indicate an open (broken wire, disconnect at a plug, or loose connection at a plug) in the tan wire.. Start at either end and work toward the other end, testing it's continuity.. Don't check half the length and then arbitrarily assume the gauge is bad and start removing the cluster.. You could very well be adding unnecessary work.. And also, you could very easily add another problem to the mix.
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote