The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2023, 08:02 PM   #14
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbass View Post
That's one wild card out of the way. How crazy is your insurance (if I may)?
Not bad actually. I have like 5 or 6 cars on a collector car policy. They figure you can only drive 1 at a time so the odds of loosing it all is slim. The cobra has the highest claimed value so the premium is based mainly on that. Less than $50/mo to cover all of them. Once the cobra is painted and done I'll have to raise the value and it'll go up. I have it set at $40k now. Probably bump up to 55-65k later which is what most people are paying to get their cars built using all new stuff. Some quite a bit more if they put turbos and custom professional work done. Mine is really a budget build believe it or not. I have about half the money into the drivetrain than most have using a coyote. Cheaper wheels than the halibrand reproductions, and I'm doing body and paint myself which most people can't do. Realistically I'll spend half or less than what most people spend.

I get a discount from work on the daily driver car insurance for the other 4 vehicles.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote