The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Freebird41

I didn't want to hijack your question threads .. so welcome to the site. Its amazing that you were able to recover your truck after two years. If its not bein to nosey what in the world happened. I saw the lazy theifs part.. but dang.. Its great that you got your truck back and are workin on it again, get us some pics when ya can.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
Freebird41

It was stolen in October of 2002 from my daughters house. We found it about 1 month ago,the next door neighbor had stolen it. He has a used car lot here and is already awaiting sentencing on selling stolen vehicles. For what ever reason he never done anything to my truck. I bought it in 1997 to rebuild and was also driving it daily. It is a 1/2 ton ,I rebuilt the motor with a lot of "extras",big cam,lots of head work,2.02 heads flowmaster 3 inch exhaust,a friend rebuilt the tranny and transfer case 6 months before it was taken. The theif got mad when I got it back and put big dents in all of the sheetmetal but I was going to replace most of it anyways. He also still has the custom headliner I had made with 2 bowties in it. Cops think I probably wont get that because they think he tore it up removing it. Thanks for the reply and if and when I figure out my new camera I will post pics although it is not much to look at.
Freebird41 is offline   Reply With Quote