The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #26
tomatocity

what engine did you install? 400 SBC? what else uses a notched balancer?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #27
byrd
Union Electrician

I say if you wallet can handle and you just can't then do it and move on to bigger things with your truck and don't let this bring you down. I haven't really started my restoration, but I already know that there will be some things I can't or time won't allow me to do, and have already made the decision that when it is too much and I can afford to pay for it, then so be it. Just my .02 .... Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #28
Jakes-66-K10

Tomatocity, just the stock 350 Crate with 3 year/100k warranty. #10067353. Byrd, my thoughts exactly. I figure since I really was seriously thinking about selling it, it's time to let someone else try and figure it out. We'll see what happens when I get it back.
Jakes-66-K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
crazyjim68

Valve adjusted to tight , or to lose , just something else to check. Good luck to you.
crazyjim68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #30
R@nger
Psalm 23

Vortex I feel your pain man!

I've had one problem after another with my truck. I've learned ya just got to keep truckin along and only fix one thing at a time. Small steps and LOTS of patients! As an example for you, I had to replace every part in my dizzy and still the truck wouldn't run right so I was given a dizzy by a board member(my hero!) and tada it worked. Then it was running perfect...until the carb went belly up...thats where I'm at now. In need of a new carb. Thats just one of the many many problems I've run into.

I truely believe all these problems have made me a better mechanic(a home mechanic...definately not pro hehe). Although I totally understand your just wanting the truck to run....ooooohhhh believe me I TOTALLY understand. I'm so ready for my truck to just start running properly and for more than a week lol.

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote