The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #26
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Darren, you should hear that engine you sold me -- That thing has balls, and sounds wicked!

Unfortunately, the tranny I bought is junk, and as such have had nothing but trouble with it, so I can't really drive the truck very much

Glad to hear that. I had that in my s10 blazer, it would really smoke the tires. Im just glad I sold you that one, cause the other one is crap. Too bad, I had a turbo 350 I could have sent up with that
Old 09-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #27
Russell
Professional Grade

Yeah, Its basically an over-glorified TH350 right now anyways. She won't go into overdrive at highway speeds. When I first put it in, the thing didn't want to shift at all, so I wound up pulling it's valve body and replacing it, so now it has four gears, but the TV cable is all messed up (I think it is stretched) so I ordered a new one for tommorow, and we'll see if that fixes things up. If not, I'm just gonna park the truck, and sell it at a total loss, cause I'm sick of it not working, lol All I want is for the tranny to be good after the TV cable, so I can put the truck in the trader, and get rid of it.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #28
Russell
Professional Grade

Hey guys

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but do any of you guys have a set of known good bosch style injectors sitting around? I'm still trying to get my TPI working properly, and I've about narrowed it down to either the injectors, or the ECM's attempts at figuring out the timing.

Before I go and spend a bunch of money on new injectors, I wanna try a known good 22 lb/hr set, and see if thats the ticket to make my truck run.

Basically, I'd paypal you some money as collateral, pay the shipping up here, try them, and figure out if it is timing or injectors that are causing the problems. Then ship them back, get my collateral back, and either buy a new set of injectors, or a new dizzy if needed be.

And Darren, 89 is sitting in the shop again, lol

The thing had an exhaust leak on the driver's side manifold. Didn't really think much of it, until my truck started knocking like crazy. Winds up that it was directly over top of the 02 sensor, so the sensor showed as being extremely lean, causing the ECM to run pretty much full enrichment, which caused a bunch of fuel blowby into the crankcase, which made the oil corrosive to the old pan gasket that was on there, which made a small amount of seepage into a rather large leak, which drained out enough oil to make the truck start knocking DOH

It doesn't look like I damaged any of the bearings on the engine, but its out of comission until the new pan gasket gets here, and I can try running the truck again without the exhaust leak, lol

Also fixed my tranny too. Put a new valve body in, and a new TV cable, and suddenly it works real good. The thing still has a low speed missfire, but I'm thinking its bad plug wires. Also shifts real lazy at WOT, but I am told all stock 700r4s do that.

Last edited by Russell; 09-21-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #29
classicchev

I have a extra set of injectors, no idea what they are. As the were part of the package I bought really not sure, is there a way to tell?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #30
Russell
Professional Grade

There is a part number along the top of the injector, if you can get me one, I can find out if they are 305 or 350 injectors
Old 09-22-2005, 10:50 PM   #31
classicchev

took them out of the box for a closer look, and they are crap and not a full set. Good thing the seller gave me a new set. Sorry.