The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #26
bodydropped

Re: WTF?? My truck in Truckin???

well also it isnt that hard to repaint a truck i can have one shot in primer over night
bodydropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #27
Eyegore
What Hump?

Dave I feel your pain. After they found my sons truck at a local wrecking yard I took a drive by there just to know which yard it was, as I drove by I noticed across the street at another wrecking yard a lowered 82-84 model like his with a similar phantom grille, cowl hood, and the same wheels. Sorry i can't help myself in believing that this is little more than a coincidence, however there is no way to prove anything.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #28
mhicks

Have someone go by his house several times and check it out. If it is there call the law. You do not want to go into this without the law involved. Use them every step of the way or you'll be sorry. Just some GOOD advice. Good luck.
mhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #29
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Honestly guys.. I wouldnt want it back at this point if it were there. I know that many of you may think I am crazy..but its how I feel. I put so much time and money into that truck and someone has ruined that all now. Its "tainted" if you know what I mean. I also got very well taken care of by insurance on it and I would not wanna cause them any more heartache...not to mention...they are done with the claim..I am sure they wouldnt waste resources looking into it.

I have a couple of feelers out..I will let ya know if anything comes of it.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #30
JonnyTechMech
STOP! Hamma time!!!

Expect the unexpected. It’s not uncommon in South Texas to find towns where nothing goes on except finishing, farming and beer drinking on Sat night. Therefore, sport truck enthusiasts aren’t going to hangout there often. People living there, are too busy making a liven to notice dime a dozen sports trucks; let alone spend time on the internet like we do and find out if a truck was stolen.

You never know, just inquiring could lead to a "Car-theft ring" bust . Wouldn’t that be sweet “poetic justice?” You care to know....., or you wouldn’t put it in your sig if you didn’t. Your insurance may be done, but the police might open the case. It’s all up to you.
JonnyTechMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #31
Psycho 86
King Monkey Nut

Nothing is impossible in this day and age!! Continue to find out info!! Best of luck , keep us informed!!

THROTTLE KING QUALIFIER This Yankee is gonna show them Rebels how the North muds !!
Psycho 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #32
full foot notch

.....roadtrip!
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #33
Russell
Professional Grade

Yep, if I got a lead like this one, I'd be all over it like white on rice!

Like you said, there is a lot of time and money involved. Even if you get it back an immediately re-sell it, you still get a proper closure on it.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:05 PM   #34
Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73
Dave...you never know what can happen nowadays...I would go after ANY lead...despite how "silly" it may sound.
I agree with that. Some people now days are just plain stupid. If the guy was dumb enough to steal the truck in the first place, he is capable of being dumb enough to send the truck into a magizine. Id look into this even if it is just some kid sending in your pics trying to say its his....what do you have to lose?
58 Chevy LWB 235/4spd
76 Chevy Nova 350/TH350 4.88's *10kmiles on "new" engine
79 Chevy 4x4 SWB 350/4spd 3/4 ton
81 Mazda RX7
84 F@!d Mustang
96 F@!d Ranger 2.3L/5spd
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #35
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Quote:
I also got very well taken care of by insurance on it and I would not wanna cause them any more heartache...not to mention...they are done with the claim..I am sure they wouldnt waste resources looking into it.
You would probably have to buy the truck back from them if you wanted it since they have paid off the claim, if your truck was recovered. It would be nice to have the satisfaction of seeing the screws turn on a thief though..

I suspect that you are correct though -- the greatest chances are that this is a case of someone scraping a picture off the internet and trying to pass it off as theirs.

A stolen custom will (most likely) either turn up half thrashed within days when a joyrider grabbed it or turn up in 900 pieces after the chop shop gets done with it. The likelyhood of a custom staying in one peice is very, very low since they are readily identifiable and hard to move.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #36
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Sounds like you're doing things right by having someone check the address. If it's not there, you have a copyright case against the magazine. For that you need to consult an attorney before you contact the magazine. I would first go buy a copy of the magazine.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #37
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyTechMech
Expect the unexpected. It’s not uncommon in South Texas to find towns where nothing goes on except finishing, farming and beer drinking on Sat night. Therefore, sport truck enthusiasts aren’t going to hangout there often. People living there, are too busy making a liven to notice dime a dozen sports trucks; let alone spend time on the internet like we do and find out if a truck was stolen.

He's right. I actually used to live and go to school in Waller, TX. It is a VERY small town. Very rural. It was small, but I find that it wasn't the kind of place where everyone knew everyone else. Most people live outside of town and raise cattle and farm. We lived there over a year and didn't know the people two houses down. It was kind of weird to me. But a place that small doesn't draw a lot of outsiders either, Waller is definitley not a tourist town. So even if you have a lot of people that know your truck, no one in Waller may know anything about it. Some kid probably bought it from whomever stole it, thinking he got a good deal.

Happily married to Robert since 9/9/02
Baylor Marie was born 2/27/06
Trey was born 8/21/07
GirlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #38
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

You may have a lead on your truck and you don't want to pursue it????

Wow,
Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #39
SmittySmith
'82 GMC Sierra Classic

Dave,

I have a friend that lives in Tomball (pretty close to Waller) and will do a very casual drive-by to see if the truck is out in the open, and will continue to keep an eye open in the area for you. If spotted you will be the first to know.
Instructed to make it an extremely casual drive by, (don't slow down, don't go on property..etc.) Your truck should stand out enough if it hasn't been altered! Good Luck. ~Smitty
SmittySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #40
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Well if someone is close just have them go by the place and meet the kid and ask to see the truck if they can. Make up whatever story they want about seeing the truck in the mag and how they are in love with it and since they lived so close to where the truck is supposed to be they thought they would take a drive and get a look at the truck in person. Scout out all the information possible and then turn it over to the police.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #41
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Oh I am looking into it....but the likelyhood of any foul play is pretty far off unles s like I said its just a mixup with Truckin or a kid lying to fee cool lol

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #42
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
GUys...I really doubt that he has the truck..I mean come on...as many people that know that truck, someone would have seen it by now. LOL>....people would call me when my truck was somewhere they had never seen it and ask if I knew it was there lol. Happened all the time. Too many people know that truck for it to be out somewhere and me not know about it yet.

I am betting its a 13 yo kid saying its his and having some fun at my expense.
It's still worth looking into.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #43
BillGent
Pretty But Evil Doggy Woggy.

My best friend bought a brand new Monte Carlo SS(bubble window).. it was stolen some months after.. the cops found it after about 2 or 3 years in a barn. The insurance didnt make him take it back but they did offer it to him first. I would just want the closure on it.. just like I would like to know who stole mine and stripped it.
BillGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #44
Z16

I would get on this quick, and hopefully whoever has this truck doesn't look at this board. If they do, they may know you're coming.
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Still have a spare key?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM   #46
>X<
registered IWATA user

like you said, prob a kid trying to be cool, but that would be great if he WAS that stupid, really had the truck, and justice was served.

Take off that Von Dutch hat before i stab you with a 000 Mack.
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #47
f.monroe

LOHRTBT , I think you solved the mystery since you said it was a picture that you took . If he had it , it would seem he would have a picture he took . It is posssible that he reads this board , knows your situation , and is having fun with it . The only other explanation would be that he seen it on the internet , found your address , went and stole it , and was too stupid to take a pic of his own for the magazine . Either way he has proven himself to be STUPID and deserving of a call from the police following up on information of a stolen vehicle . Sad thing is that I was within 15 miles of Waller yesterday . I will be looking the next time I go through there though . Frank
f.monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:39 PM   #48
barn9
Half a bubble off!

I could be wrong, but when you accepted payment from the insurance company, that truck became their property. They have investigators, as well as the resources, to follow up on things such as this. Notify them and tell them someone is claiming to have "their" truck, and see if anything happens. Anything you can do to keep the criminals from winning is a good thing!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #49
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
Let your insurance company know. They'll find out what is up REALLY quick.

Slonaker
AGREED
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #50
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Dave I've got a couple of "fire sticks" that might come in handy if you want to drive down and pick me up to go investigate. I'm ready when you are Plus on the way back the BBQ should be ready

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote