The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #26
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: How one ebay seller treats and feels about us. be leary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ain't_done_yet View Post
I worked from '95 to '05 in the copier/fax industry, started as a tech and worked my way to service manager, and I could in no way see calling customers names getting you anywhere!
Ive been in the copier/fax/printer etc etc industry for 28 yrs. Looks like maybe you're out of it now?

And now back on topic..
I dont think Ive ever purchased a thing off of E-Bay. I've sold a few things though. I prefer to buy stuff from the board members off the boards I belong to. Never had a single problem....yet.

Last edited by CG; 11-23-2006 at 03:53 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #27
ks147j111928
ASE Certified Spoon Operator

All this is exactly why I find stuff locally and pay CASH ON SPOT and get parts in hand at same time. I did the ebay thing a few times and it seemed that after money is sent the parts took their sweet time getting to me. Sure, there is a mountain of parts available but I'd rather see what I am really buying and be able to walk away with it in the same breath.

Just me though...
85 4Runner, the wheeler on 38s
92 x-cab truggy project for 2017... tons and 42s and V8 power
ks147j111928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #28
Boise69
The Hammer Man

[/QUOTE]I think his bigger issue is that he may not actually have some parts on hand as he is listing them. Many people do the same thing as drop shipping is pretty popular. He is just not very good at that part 100%...and it bites him.

And his bigger issue is his command of the english language. He always seems defensive. I mean...crap happens. [/QUOTE]

Timcos I comend you for pointing out the other side and youre right its easier to criticize then to defend and being in business certainly can be hard. but ... communication is key and all i asked was when can i expect my parts, and his reply was "when UPS delivers them to you" is this the best answer to that question? So you're right, he probably doesn't have the part and he's scrambling to get it. Thats okay, just tell me when i can expect it so i can plan my install. Thats all.

1969 Chevy C-10 SWB 350/400 - drivable project

www.americanhammer.com

2013 MBZ Sprinter customized
2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2004 Land Rover Discovery
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T

Last edited by Boise69; 11-23-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Boise69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:34 AM   #29
Boise69
The Hammer Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks147j111928 View Post
All this is exactly why I find stuff locally and pay CASH ON SPOT and get parts in hand at same time. .
I buy my stuff on ebay because we don't have place i can just go to around here, ebay is been great for me for the most part, i like the amount of options it affords me, but you gotta becareful just like anywhere anyplace. Hell i found this forum on ebay, thank you ebay.

www.americanhammer.com

2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Old 11-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #30
junkyardjohn

THE INTERNET IN GENERAL HAS REALLY EXPANDED MY LITTLE WORLD. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #31
Sweet72

I don't condone this guy's business etiquette, but then I also don't condone blackballing anyone either. I think we should keep our members informed here, but don't smear his name as far and wide as the internet is capable of. I can understand why someone would want to retaliate for a deal gone sour. At some point, we have to learn from our mistakes and move on. I have seen another businessman smeared on another forum, and it has done irreparable damage to his business, all because tempers flared and he was banned and blackballed all over. Doing a google search on his name will reveal one or two deals gone bad and the thing snowballed out of control to a point where members who had no business commenting were inflating and broadcasting the story. Okay, I'll get off the soapbox.
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #32
patternmakerbob

I agree with Sam. He could be more professional but people are people. Unfortanetly people like to see someone fail and will jump on the band wagon to put this guy out of business even though they havn't dealt with him.
If he doesn't have the parts on hand and ready to ship then that information should be disclosed.
I have been looking for parts for my recently acquired 71 on ebay. I will be hesitant to order from him but he does have a positive feedback.

I think it is maybe him and his wife running this and it is over his head. Look at some of the pictures for the items. They are taken on the keyboard with papers all over the desk. That shows this guy is really pressed, unorganized or both.

I work for myself and when things get slow I sell "junk" I pick up at local garage sales. I once had 17 auctions going at the same time. It consumed me and took alot of effort to get them all shipped. This guy has 214 auctions right now.
Bob
Old 11-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #33
krue
Designated A-hole!

Did y'all read the sticky on the parts board about this guy? If you did and you still wanna give him the benefit of the doubt. He's rude, he's dishonest and no one with any sense would deal with him. Just MY opinion.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #34
timcos
Chief Honcho In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise69 View Post
Timcos I comend you for pointing out the other side and youre right its easier to criticize then to defend and being in business certainly can be hard. but ... communication is key and all i asked was when can i expect my parts, and his reply was "when UPS delivers them to you" is this the best answer to that question? So you're right, he probably doesn't have the part and he's scrambling to get it. Thats okay, just tell me when i can expect it so i can plan my install. Thats all.
I agree wholeheartedly...communication is key.

Setting expectations properly is a must.

In business my motto is..."underpromise and overdeliver".

1992 1500 4x4 Shortbed
1984 Ford F250 Supercab Longbed 6.9L Diesel
1972 K10 Cheyenne Super Fleetside Short Bed - 350 - A/C
1971 VW SuperBeetle
1960 Wife
1984 Son
1986 Son
1989 Son

Previous Trucks
1967 C10 SWB (1980-1981)
1971 C10 LWB (1998-2004)

Last edited by timcos; 11-23-2006 at 10:18 AM.
timcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #35
Draggn66
Wrenchin & Sandin!!!

This guy gave me 3 different tracking numbers that were no good. When the parts finally did show up it was a totally different number.

My Favorite eBay Searches

My Driver Restore Thread
1971 C10 Longbed
2005 Silverado Shortbed
2005 FXDWG
Draggn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #36
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

For those of you that think anyone is being a little to harsh on this guy, you need to do some reading. This guys is pond scum that won't hesitate to rip you off, sell you bent, broken, rusted, crusted parts that are primered over or even use pictures of good parts and ship you bad parts.

That is "if" he ever sends you the parts. When he does scam you he will blame it on your stupidity, call you an idiot, and ignore your attempts to get what you paid for.

HE IS A CROOK! He is not a business man with poor habits, HE IS A CROOK!

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #37
byrd
Union Electrician

n2trux is correct HE IS A CROOK!!! When I first got on ebay I dealt with him a couple of times, small cheap parts. They were shipped slowly but all was well. Then started to trust him (BAD MOVE) and got to buying a few more expencive items. As most know members know I restore old dashes for our trucks and had bought what was suppossed to be NOS (new old stock)gauges like 5 temps and 4 ammeters 1 or 2 fuel gauges, well long story short, only 2 of them TOTAL WERE NOS the rest were old used POS. Now I tried to reason with the dumb a$$,but got no where, filed a dispute with paypal and got most of my money back, after he gave them a bogus tracking #.

Paypal closed the claim and said I got my parts because of his bogus tracking #, when the facts were that the tracking # he gave them was for a delivery that occured almost two months before this tranaction. I had to call paypal and finally got my money. It is sad that if you are not persistant and paying full attention this guy will rip you off, using paypal to his advantage, I am sure he has done this to others and will do it again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #38
powell72

It's admirable that some of you are willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and then there comes a time to take off the rose colored glasses and read the sticky that is here to protect all of us from this dirtbag that wants to get paid however possible. Everyone here is pretty openminded and the sticky is not to slam this guy just because.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #39
Sweet72

I was not "giving him the benefit of the doubt". I have read the sticky. I will not intentionally buy from anyone who is dishonest and give them a second chance. One benefit of being a member of this forum is hearing the experience/s of our fellow members and to learn, so I consider this a learning experience. Don't buy from this guy! But name calling should be left in grade school. Best of luck Boise69 with your current transaction.
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.

Last edited by Sweet72; 11-23-2006 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Add more stuff
Old 11-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #40
72dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell72 View Post
It's admirable that some of you are willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and then there comes a time to take off the rose colored glasses and read the sticky that is here to protect all of us from this dirtbag that wants to get paid however possible. Everyone here is pretty openminded and the sticky is not to slam this guy just because.
Wish I had read the sticky

40 days to get a poly tank, then when it arrived, no sending unit. Im in Northern AZ, he gets them from an outfit in southern cal, in-otherwords at most a 3 day trip via whatever shipping. I emailed him and said WTF. He gave me bogus tracking #'s to other states. I informed him I wasn't some fricken backwoods hillbilly. I bought alot of stuff from this guy and it started out good, but the more parts I bought, the worse the shipping got. He thinks he's a smooth bull****er........Not
Guys got the brains of a bar stool

Last edited by 72dually; 11-23-2006 at 03:14 PM.
72dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #41
1tonswb
Account Suspended

Still waiting on my parts. I WONT be buying from him again!!!!
1tonswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #42
iwantanssr

We bought parts from him over a year ago.We never received a rechromed gmc grill or the chrome ashtray.He took us for about 300.00 to 400.00US. We filed reports against him with many different agencies, nothing happened and he is still selling. My advice don't let him stall you past ebay or paypal deadlines, file your reports to get your refunds. He is famous for saying the items he shipped could'nt be delivered and were sent back to him,but you know he says he'll reship them,yeah right and pigs will fly out of my butt.
iwantanssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #43
jhow66

Sounds like he needs a visit from some "good old boys".
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #44
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72 View Post
I don't condone this guy's business etiquette, but then I also don't condone blackballing anyone either. I think we should keep our members informed here, but don't smear his name as far and wide as the internet is capable of. I can understand why someone would want to retaliate for a deal gone sour. At some point, we have to learn from our mistakes and move on. I have seen another businessman smeared on another forum, and it has done irreparable damage to his business, all because tempers flared and he was banned and blackballed all over. Doing a google search on his name will reveal one or two deals gone bad and the thing snowballed out of control to a point where members who had no business commenting were inflating and broadcasting the story. Okay, I'll get off the soapbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternmakerbob View Post
I agree with Sam. He could be more professional but people are people. Unfortanetly people like to see someone fail and will jump on the band wagon to put this guy out of business even though they havn't dealt with him.
If he doesn't have the parts on hand and ready to ship then that information should be disclosed.
I have been looking for parts for my recently acquired 71 on ebay. I will be hesitant to order from him but he does have a positive feedback.

I think it is maybe him and his wife running this and it is over his head. Look at some of the pictures for the items. They are taken on the keyboard with papers all over the desk. That shows this guy is really pressed, unorganized or both.

I work for myself and when things get slow I sell "junk" I pick up at local garage sales. I once had 17 auctions going at the same time. It consumed me and took alot of effort to get them all shipped. This guy has 214 auctions right now.
Bob

guys, I do not condone slamming anyone unjustly. This lil man is not over his head, or making a few mistakes. He is a scam artist and steals peoples money as well as selling parts that are nowhere near discribed. He was a member here and lost his membership for these practices. He then joined AGAIN as someone else and started promoting his business again. He also had the balls to tell the admins of this site all that we did wrong against him.. Proof is proof, one or two bad deals could be just misunderstandings etc.. When you do it on a weekly basis you are nothing more then a scam artist and deserve the bad rep.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #45
patternmakerbob

I have heard enough.

I'm not buying from him. Thanks board.

Bob
Old 11-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #46
Sweet72

Thumbs down Re: How one ebay seller treats and feels about us. be leary.

Ok Liz, I'm convinced that this guy has done irreparable damage to his own reputation and deserves all the bad press given!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #47
Boise69
The Hammer Man

wow, what did I start or rather what did i finish? Giving people the benefit of the doubt is an act of kindness that all of us deserve but repeating this is an act of ignorane that none of us should preserve, learn from others mistakes and protect yourself. My lesson was cost only $30, well worth it compared to others. enough said. Caveat emptor!

www.americanhammer.com

2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T
Old 11-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #48
krue
Designated A-hole!

You didn't start it, and I doubt it's finished until ebay kicks him off.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #49
70Chevy4x4Nut

All it takes is one link on his feedback to the article on this site. This will give many the opportunity to make a wise decision before they bid.
In my opinion he is very unprofessional.
70Chevy4x4Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #50
Boise69
The Hammer Man

In fairness, I finally received my door weather stripping from truckparts67_72. Yes, it took 12 days to receive but he did ship and i do have, now. So, although he may be a very poor business person, he did do as promised. Now I just hope it fits correctly. Thanks to you all for your heads up on this guy, i won't purchase from him again because I only feel I dodged a bullet on this one.

www.americanhammer.com

2005 MBZ Sprinter Van
2001 Yamaha Road Star
1997 MBZ E420
1989 Ferrari Mondial T

Last edited by Boise69; 11-29-2006 at 07:17 PM.