The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #26
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: knocking on doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imacarguytoo View Post
I buy cars and trucks all the time and go up to people doors. This is how i do it exactly.

Knock knock, WHos there? The naked boogie man! They say WHAT????
No really im kidding.

Ok well anyway.
They answer the door. I say I was just curious if you want to GET RID of that vehicle. For me 90% of the time they say yes. If you introduce the idea of money thats ALL they will think about. Then i bull**** with them for a minute or 2 about the vehicle to get them at ease with the idea of selling it. Most the time they come outside to talk. Start walking over to the truck or whatever. And start walking around it. TOUCHING the bad parts and throw a couple good things in there too. After youve looked at really good. Get your price in your head you want to give. Ask them what they want for it. BE VERY POLITE and PATIANT. They might say make me an offer. I say the bad things and a 1 or 2 good things. Then throw your price. WATCH there face and how they talk.That will tell you where to go from there. You might have to dicker a little bit with the price. If you get it. Go home RIGHT away and get the money and get the title.
Good Luck.
this is exactly what i did to get my truck.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote