The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #26
shortchev

Re: what did you all get done this weekend? 4/27

spent the day with the family , had a birthday party for my woman . Turned down a few offers on a truck I have . I bid on a truck on Ebay , then found out that its Franks old truck haha . Sent you a PM Frank .
shortchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #27
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe View Post
Saturday . My son had a soccer game mid day . I then came home and shredded a couple acres where I cleared the brush last year . Slowly getting the place looking nice and clear .

Sunday . Church , lunch at church , and a trip to West Tx to pick up the Black 78 I sold in January 06 . It is a little weathered since being used as a daily driver for two years and he changed several things . Some I like and some I dont but it is still low mileage with under 44,000 original miles . He put some aluminum wheels on it which will probably come off this week . Rallys and BFG's will take their place . I just got home so no pics of it in its current state . Frank
CONGRATS on getting your truck back!!! Too bad you already sold those Rally's a couple of weeks ago... Damn the luck!
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #28
Thumpin455
My truck is an alcoholic

All I did was wet sand my 67 Cougar until my arm and hand cramped. Found some high spots, so I need to break out the HVLP again... If it ever warms up enough to activate.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #29
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I accomplished nothing, but I had a great time doing it!

Went to a BBQ cookoff Staurday with some friends. It was disappointing, but enjoyed the company. Went to dinner that night with some other friends. We rode bumper cars and go carts. It was a blast!

I spent sunday at a friend's 12 acres in Seguin, Texas. We began converting an old boat trailer into a utility trailer, played with his dogs, road the 4 wheeler around the property. and ate barbeque. A good day...

Slonaker
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #30
spudz

I went to a party, got drunk, got in a fight, all in all had a pretty good weekend. haha I picked up my 87 parts truck and made a checklist on what I want to keep off of it. Messed with my 89 2500 for while. Nothin real productive. Just spend a buncha money really lol.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #31
Razorback_Fan

Drank beer, cut grass and painted a few rooms in the house. Changed the oil in the 84 and did the normal Sunday Maint checks on the wifies car.

Want a free xbox 360 elite go here to see how http://geocities.com/razorbackfan90/
Razorback_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #32
SkylineNXS

Lookie what I got...traded with a guy for my other truck plus i paid a little....drove it almost 300 miles down here...allready replaced the dash bulbs cause they were shot with blue ones.

BRAD
Attached Images

1966 C10 SWB Fleet, 250 I6, three on the tree....

Previously Owned....
1987 Chevy R10 "Silverado" (at least the badges were) Short Step 350 700r4....

1972 Chevy LWB Fleet 350/350

EXTENDED CAB ALL THE WAY!

.._..~...-...._...____
.._..-...______|_|__\____
..-..~.|_(O)__|_|__|_(O)]
SkylineNXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #33
f.monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSIC87' View Post
CONGRATS on getting your truck back!!! Too bad you already sold those Rally's a couple of weeks ago... Damn the luck!
I have a set on one of my other trucks that are 275/60 rear and 255/60 front that will go on it for a while . Frank
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #34
HanSoloWS6

Been a while since I have posted on this forum. So I spent last night looking at recent posts and looking for pic's of dropped long beds. Got pic's of my truck today, FINALLY. I've had it for about 2 years and I'm just getting around to pics lol.

Pop's Garage Photography - Dayton, Ohio

My Truck Build Page
HanSoloWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #35
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i like that stepper skyline shame you didnt get it soon enough to enter the totm contest here

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #36
454HO

I went shopping at the pick-n-pull place. Picked up everything I needed to finish up my truck, plus a couple extra items.

The Q-Jet throttle bracket (thanks 87Lowrider and DubDubU for posting pics of one) came off of a GMC ice cream van. I must have looked at every vehicle in the yard and this was the only one with this style bracket. All the others mounted down on the intake manifold and would not work on my BB.

The pushrod/spring for the hydroboost master cylinder is from an Astro van. I hope it's the same length as what would have come on these trucks.

I got the Q-Jet electric choke control and the a/c fast idle solenoid off of a Dodge van. Yes, a lot of dodges used Q-jets so don't forget to look in that section of the yard if you need carburetor parts. I also robbed the secondary metering rods, they are EA's, and the H hanger.

And what I was not expecting is two sets of sport mirrors. I got one set complete with the stiffener bracket that goes inside the door. The other set were obviously an owner add-on because they were just screwed to the door skin.

And then there is the channel locks that someone left behind in one of the trucks I looked thru. Gotta love the free tools.

Not a bad haul for $40, huh?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #37
SkylineNXS

Hey old rusty, thanks man, im really happy with this buy cause its an almost perfect truck. I wish i woulda gotten it a little earlier too, lol. Ill try and enter it next month and see what happens...thanks man...

BRAD

1966 C10 SWB Fleet, 250 I6, three on the tree....

Previously Owned....
1987 Chevy R10 "Silverado" (at least the badges were) Short Step 350 700r4....

1972 Chevy LWB Fleet 350/350

EXTENDED CAB ALL THE WAY!

.._..~...-...._...____
.._..-...______|_|__\____
..-..~.|_(O)__|_|__|_(O)]
SkylineNXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #38
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Thumbs up Re: what did you all get done this weekend? 4/27

I bought this on Saturday to help with the high fuel prices cuz the Tahoe dosen't exactly sip the stuff.

It's a 2006 Honda Shadow VT750 it was a one owner bike with 6714 on the clock when i got it.

Name:  sdadow LH.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  shadow RH.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  86.7 KB

Name:  shadow tank.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  104.1 KB

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #39
Rooster's82

I installed a new windshield, boy was that nerve racking...I have never done it before so i was freaking out about cracking it when I was putting the new one in. On a side note the original gasket was in shockingly good condition...unbelievable that rubber from 1982 that spent its life in the FL sun was still so flexible. I guess they just don't build them like they used to.

I bought and installed a thermo switch for my e-fan....man is it nice not to have to switch the damn thing on and off all the time. Was a bit of a headache getting it working...my friend and I hooked it up EXACTLY like the schematic said...but it just wouldn't turn on. I read and re-read the instructions and double and triple check that everything was correct...still nothing. Finally I started checking the connections....my buddy had cut thru the butt connector on the negative side of the fan then taped over it. Once i got that fixed it worked like a charm.

The edelbrock carb I put on the truck turned out to have some problems and was just dumping gas into the engine...no matter how much I leaned it out. Fouled the plugs pretty good. So I pulled it off and put the Q-jet back on. Had to replace the plugs...after I did that I fired it up and noticed that I was getting spark jumping from one of the plug wires to the exhaust....so I put new wires on. The damn thing still isn't running quite right.

So I’m having the edelbrock rebuilt right now, and once that is done I'm getting some professional help dialing everything in.

The BIG news is I’m FINALLY getting my truck painted! I'm not sure if you all remember my post but I was supposed to have that done weeks ago. Well today I’m dropping it off to have the body work done and be sprayed with primer. Then after everything has set tweak any imperfections and then paint.

Wow, sorry about the novel….but I haven’t been able to post for 2 weeks and a lot has happened.

If you can't find it at the junk yard you don't need it.
Rooster's82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #40
84 400
Sb 400 club

Water pump
Tranny filter and fluid

Drove it around for the first time in 2 years but still need to get insurance so we stayed in the neighborhood
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote