The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2002, 11:50 PM   #26
messed up c-10
RHCP afficianado

Quote:
Originally posted by low 84
for dave

all i want for christmas is to go home. college and being away from friends and family isn't al its cracked up to be. i can't wait to go home and sleep in my room and chill with my buddies well a digi cam wouldn't hurt either
Your parents still have your room at their house. As soon as I move out they turning my room into a computer room or something. I'm gonna try and go half way on a cowl hood with my parents for Christmas.
Sorry to here about all your troubles Dave. Hope it all goes as painlessly as possible.
Here are some links to some good music.
Jack Johnson
Donavon Frankenreiter
messed up c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:05 AM   #27
Prerunner1982

Dave, i am sorry man... i know we have talked about this a bit... and i still cant believe it... i am here if you need something man.. if you need someone to talk to or go get a drink with let me know.. i cant say i know how you feel... but i know things will get better...

as for christmas i know i am not getting much.. no reason to make a list..i would rather everyone spend thier money on my niece. she is almost 3 (jan 25).
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:30 AM   #28
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

dave, i didnt know about that until this thread i'm so sorry man.

now i feel bad about harrasing you on the phone

anywho. i'll make some christmas cookies for anyone that would help me lower my truck after i get the parts
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:43 AM   #29
Prerunner1982

eric

eric...... let me know when you want to lower it. i am sure we could get something together.. with a few of us!
Old 11-28-2002, 01:44 AM   #30
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Eric, you should be ashamed.

Dave, I know were all here for ya. I don't know what your going through, but I have an idea. I'm sure it'll all end up being well and good, and you can laugh it up with us one day.

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #31
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Paul
Eric, you should be ashamed.

Dave, I know were all here for ya. I don't know what your going through, but I have an idea. I'm sure it'll all end up being well and good, and you can laugh it up with us one day.
it wasnt that bad, i had my girlfriend call his cellphone at work, and say "hey sexy" and then she started cracking up and the joke didnt work:p

jon, i'll get parts for christmas and i'll want to put them on before i go back to school which is around the 6th or 7th of january i think. i'll have a air grinder to borrow so i can cut the frame for the notch, and the bed supports for the shackles.

getting the bed off isnt that hard with a shortbed

its the front end stuff i'll need help with, mostly the spindles.
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:51 AM   #32
Prerunner1982

100 post!

ok, sounds good... didnt really have much to say.... just wanted my 100th post...
Old 11-28-2002, 05:24 AM   #33
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

Quote:
Originally posted by LOHRTBT
my christmas list....hmmmm....

Well What I really want is somewhat of an impossiblity at this point.....
MY wish is for my wife to become the woman that I married and tell me that she is not going to get a divorce from me. Tell me that she loves me and she was just not thinking clearly. To tell me that no matter what she will always be by my side and never leave no matter what may come up in this funked up world.

For her to say to me...call the realtor and tell her we are not selling...and to go out and mangle the sign in the front yard. For her to kiss me lovingly and not want to let go.

To have her tell me that she is not going to take my son with her so that my limited time with him is going to be limited even further since i work messed up hours.

But if none of that is possible... I just hope and pray that God can make the pain inside my burning heart go away as this is the worst time in my life and just keeps on getting worse.

.....yeah.....that about sums it all up.

.....sorry to burden you all and ruin your what was a fun post...but this is all I want for Xmas....nothing less...nothing more.
Dave man i feel your pain.my wife ran out on me in july.she just left without warning.i was devasted.she never called me or left me a note or anything.just left without warning.she took my kids too.ive seen them once since then.i miss them everyday.she has also done some messed up things to me since then that i wont comment on.needless to say i wish things would go back to normal for me and i could have the woman i married back and see my kids every day.i know how you feel bro i can relate.all i want for christmas is to see my kids and them be happy.keep your head up bro and remember you have your family here to help ya through this.i too prayed to god when my ordeal first started and it helps plus just venting and talking to people helps too.good luck man and ill keep you in my thoughts over the holiday.if you ever need some advise or anything feel free to ask or just need someone to listen.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 06:38 AM   #34
chevychic

I almost spit my chocolate milk out from laughing at Tom's wish for condoms and then Dave's post almost made me cry.

This thread took a turn of emotions really quick.

Dave, you know I'm here if you ever need to talk.
As someone who's been through that, pulled through after 9 months of being seperated, finally getting a divorce 2 years later, sometimes there's just nothing you can do. All you can do is your best and if that's not good enough then at least you know you did all you could.

Now I'm going through it again. We've had a really hard year and probably should've gone to counseling a long time ago because I've just become numb to everything. For months I tried to work at it while he sat back and did nothing to take care of his responsibilities and didn't listen to me or take what I had to say to heart. I finally gave up after the constant fighting and now, months later he's willing to listen to me but I've lost so much respect for him that I don't know how to regain it. I've come to realize that people tend to say what they know you want to hear without the intentions to follow through with the action that backs it up. It's a vicious cycle and one that I'm sick and tired of. It makes me feel like a failure now that this is happening to me again and with someone who at one time I thought was my soul mate.
I've started going back to church to try to regain some feeling in my life. I can't handle all of this by myself so I'm handing it to the Guy upstairs and taking it day by day. It works. It's given me a hope that someday I will be happy again and most of all, that I don't have to handle this all by myself.
Just remember, you are not alone in this.

I could list all kinds of parts that I want for my truck but most of all what I'd really like for Christmas is to spend some time with my Dad and my best friend that live hundreds of miles away and have never gotten a chance to get to know my daughter.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin

Last edited by chevychic; 11-28-2002 at 08:18 AM.
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:47 PM   #35
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

i've got to know alot of you guys from the other site, and always thought you guys were pretty cool. this thread takes that to a whole new level. the reaction to Dave's post made me realize what a great bunch of people we have here. you guys are great!

Dave, hang in there bud. everything happens for a reason, and no matter how much it hurts, just remember it will get better. if you, or anybody for that matter, ever need someone to talk to, i'm online alot. take care man.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #36
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

You should hang around here some more Jeremy.

KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Old 11-28-2002, 10:26 PM   #37
MidnightBlues

Dave,

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago.Got a 3 year old son and he was taken from me.That sucks.
But one thing I know,humor will get you trough it,and you've got plenty of that.
Take care
Old 11-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #38
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Paul
You should hang around here some more Jeremy.
i'm planning on it Paul. i've started checking here before CT.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 11:59 AM   #39
Tom
driving is in my blood

Quote:
Originally posted by 1FaastC10
i'm planning on it Paul. i've started checking here before CT.
Took ya long enough!
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 08:49 PM   #40
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

I know it sure did. We've been partying here for like 2 months now. And you've been the wallflower. :p

KIA Caught fire 12/7/03