The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #26
Musclerodz

Re: Painless wiring or LMC Truck wiring...which is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknbarrels View Post
yea, I seen that too in the search, but that guy sells those kits, so it's a little biased...
What you fail to realize is we just don't sell these kits we install them in the shop here as well. Ron Francis, EZ, and other similar kits are very basic and will require reusing exisiting connectors and frequent trips to the auto part store for stuff you did not know you needed. M&H makes an equal product to AAW if you want factory style harnesses and is an excellent product as well. It is a wash between the two. I refuse to use another Painless harness after installing one. If you want the custom features of Painless, the AAW Classic Update kit does exactly the same thing but goes one step further and gives you all the correct connectors so you do not have to reuse any like you will with Painless. On top of that instructions are step by step so any idiot can wire their truck with a few simple tools. And if you still have problems, AAW tech support is the best we have found, they know their products.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:21 AM   #27
Bob B.

Good to know AAW has custom harnesses as well. The wiring in my '67 GMC is about 90% AAW, and I could not be happier with it. I think new harnesses really adds to a restored vehicle's reliability. I'll tell you, we '67-'72 GM pickup enthusiasts are very fortunate that we can get quality wiring for our trucks. I am helping a friend restore a '69 F-250, and you can't buy any OEM style wiring for those trucks. Painless is it. Ford uses a lot of odd connectors that are not made anymore.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #28
Leo70

I bought a kit from Mike (Musclerodz) about two months ago, and this weekend began to install it. Its really easy, good direction, good diagrams and it really comes with everything you need. I wired my truck ( 1970 fleetside) just like stock, and the kit comes with upgrades for Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power seats, Electric Fuel Pump and even a third break light. I'm very happy with my kit, specially because a shop quoted me $ 1800 to rewire my truck.

Leo.
1963 Chevy Impala SS Rag..SOLD!
Leo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

yea, i think i will go with the aaw kit. it does seem quite thurough.. i'll be giving muscler a shout later this week...
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote