The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #26
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Re: interesting/rare option... proof of 16.5 inch 6 lug rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
The photo of the truck you mention was mine at the time (photo taken in my driveway). Those are 15" wheels I bought from JoesJunk and had powder-coated. They were GM wheels and I believe they were 8" wide. I love the look. Here is a photo of the truck with Ralleys (I prefer the white steel wheels though). That is an original paint 32,000 mile truck from Anaconda Montana!!
Beautiful truck..did it happen to end up in the Kansas City area?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #27
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
The photo of the truck you mention was mine at the time (photo taken in my driveway). Those are 15" wheels I bought from JoesJunk and had powder-coated. They were GM wheels and I believe they were 8" wide. I love the look. Here is a photo of the truck with Ralleys (I prefer the white steel wheels though). That is an original paint 32,000 mile truck from Anaconda Montana!!
How the heck do you find these trucks? and how the heck do you sell them when you do find them? I guess if the money is good enough then yep I would sell it too. Sorry but original paint 32k miles. wow......
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #28
DANTIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
How the heck do you find these trucks? and how the heck do you sell them when you do find them? I guess if the money is good enough then yep I would sell it too. Sorry but original paint 32k miles. wow......
That's funny, I've been asking myself the same question recently!! To be honest, I found what some consider the best optioned/best documented '72 Big-Block SWB Cheyenne Super available and at the time I had to sell the Medium Green 4x4 in order to afford it. Also the only draw-back to the Medium Green truck was the lack of A/C (I know that is weak, but I had to find some kind of justification for stupidity). I do seem to have a knack of finding special trucks, I just need to find ways of hanging on to them.
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Who needs proof? I must have missed this thread. It has been proven. This topic has come up several times over the years. There were no wide truck tires made back then in 15",or 16" for that matter. This was back before radials came on American vehicles from the factory,too. The only wide profile tires rated for trucks were 16.5s. I put a set of 16.5 wheels on my big block '72 Highlander back in the day.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote