The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
Thelast 72k5

Re: 72 2wd Blazer....Out of the grave.

Thanks Kurt L and 1972trucks, Crossville is not far at all for me and it saves alot in shipping if i get a parts list of all i can afford at the time and just make a few trips up there.

I was thinking the same phat tony on the droop issue but i did take another look with some masking tape this afternoon and it looks like the fender, door, and the front of the bedside are close then my tape gets above the line from the front of the bedside to the rear, the rear bed floor mounts are shot as in no rubber left in the rear two and the ones at the rear of the wheelwell are pretty bad also. My inner bedsides look fairly solid to my suprise but i did pick up the top a little and found some ugly under the seal.

Most of this project will be done in my carport so i need to plan my jobs where im only workin on a couple pieces at a time so i may get started on the frame and susp. first then reinstall the body starting with the cowl and workin my way back.
Thelast 72k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
Thelast 72k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentblazer View Post
I do have one concern in my find that has me a bit nervous and its that i think the bed area has "relaxed" from the cowl due to the rocker boxes beeing rotted out. Are there any measurements from the cowl to the tub/bedside area to go by? Here are some pics of my findings the first shows the 1/2 gap in the door bedside. I think im just going to seperate the bed from the cowl and front floor to aid in the rust removal and i think the spotwelds in the floor pan add the rockers are the only thing holding it together as i said the boxes are gone.

This may help a little, the bottom measurement was incorrect so I erased it. Member BigJ had the correct one but I was unable to find it, you may try to contact him, good luck
That is exactly what i was looking for, thanks for the help Bentblazer. I may be able to make a blazer out of it yet
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #28
Bentblazer

Thats what most of us in the rust belt had to do! good luck
1930 Chevy two door rat
Bentblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
Thelast 72k5

Quick question guys... Do the bedsides simply bolt on the bed floor on the blazer.. All i can find is one small stich weld on the rear below the tailgate hinge and the rocker.... is that it or am i missing something? thanks.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #30
Bentblazer

If I remember right you are correct
1930 Chevy two door rat
Bentblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
Thelast 72k5

Ok guys, ive started a list and i have been dooing some searching for my repair panels such as the inner and outer rockers, rocker boxes, floor patches, rear inner wheelwells, front wheelwells and much more! Here is my biggest question, who sells good and who sells junk parts? ive seen some big price differences and really just dont know who to stay away from and who to use. I dont mind paying extra for a better part but what is the better parts? Iplan to use a couple local guys around the Nashville area to buy most of my sheetmetal from but i just want to know what im buying and not get a pile of ill fitting parts, so to you all that have used these parts give me an education on the better manufactures. Thanks, Heath....