The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
big_al_71

Re: Some people just don't get it

My favorite one " I had one just like it" I think to my self "yeah right"

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
My favorite one " I had one just like it" I think to my self "yeah right"
well there is only one Sylvester...
Old 07-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
And now you've got an issue with people that have the same attitude that you used to have. Okaaaaaaay.

Angry jealousy? I think it has more to do with the fact that you have a chip on your shoulder.
No, I never had that same attitude. I would never have gone up to someone and given a half compliment like that, even though I would have been thinking it inside.

And as for your other comment, you're proving my point with how you just acted lol. You fret over dust and fingerprints, and have a totally different idea of how a truck should be used than I do. That's fine, except for you feel the need to follow my posts and negatively comment on things as trivial as how you feel I'm wrong for driving around with a dog in the bed of my truck (securely chained). You're uptight, and have a hard time seeing beauty in different looks, and then go on a hypocritical offensive towards me by saying I have a chip on my shoulder? Whatever man.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
No, I never had that same attitude. I would never have gone up to someone and given a half compliment like that, even though I would have been thinking it inside.

And as for your other comment, you're proving my point with how you just acted lol. You fret over dust and fingerprints, and have a totally different idea of how a truck should be used than I do. That's fine, except for you feel the need to follow my posts and negatively comment on things as trivial as how you feel I'm wrong for driving around with a dog in the bed of my truck (securely chained). You're uptight, and have a hard time seeing beauty in different looks, and then go on a hypocritical offensive towards me by saying I have a chip on my shoulder? Whatever man.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dude. Seriously. Get over yourself.
I have an 03 GMC that's my daily driver that I beat the living crap out of. It's my truck that I use as a truck. When I got my license in 1986 I started with a 79 Jeep Cherokee and since then I've had 3 GM 3/4 ton pickups. I've never owned a passenger car.
My 69er is my cruiser that I take out 5 nites a week to cruise around in. I drive it about 4000 miles a year (which is a lot for short New England cruising season). It's hardly a trailer queen and I don't keep it in a bubble. I drive it.
And where did I ever say that I don't like patina? I just don't like it when it's fake. I love all 67-72's, but especially C/20s.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/

Last edited by Sicklajoie; 07-22-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
DGulliver

Folks are trying to buy my junk EVERY time I drive it. I can't stop anywhere without somebody wantin' to know if I'll sell it. They act mad when I tell 'em "not for sale".

My last truck, a '71 step was finished, a real nice driver- I made the mistake of pricing it to a random guy at the gas station- "Sure, I'll take ten grand for it". He went to the bank across the street, came back and paid me. Lesson learned, now I'm starting over with my '72...
'96 Dodge Indy Ram Official Indy Truck
'99 Porsche 911 Carrera
DGulliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
In The Ten Ring

Don't take it the wrong way man...be happy that he was friendly enough and outgoing enough to even notice and speak to you. That's a rare thing in today's society.

I might even have said the same thing or close to it and I would literally do ANYTHING I could for you, just because you are alive.

I don't quite understand the whole "patina" thing but to each his own: I do understand that motto quite well.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
GoaterAz

I would've said "I got some work for you"...

and wiggled my junk at him.

Me neither.
GoaterAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
tlcrz1972

I'll call the guy as just uninformed.

As for the three doors I call it as safety thoughts that the kiddos didn't need to be getting out on the traffic side.
As far as cost, I have dissasembled one to see what it will take to make the forth door. Cost couldn't be part of it. there are so many pieces just right on the edge of being fabricated for a fourth door. A very little bit more in tooling cost and they would have been there.
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrz1972 View Post
As for the three doors I call it as safety thoughts that the kiddos didn't need to be getting out on the traffic side.
That must be right,cuz beginning in '73 right up to the present they decided that didn't really matter and it's fine if kids jump out into traffic In fact,all the other car companies followed suit and now they all build SUVs with rear driver side doors and GM started putting 4 doors in Blazers and Jimmys,too. Problem is,still too many of them varmints on the loose!

Sorry,just saw this as funny. No offense intended. But,I think it's been pretty well figured out.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Last summer I took my Dad to the local Lowe's to pick up a grill. As I sat out front waiting for him to come out and load it up a guy walks by and says, "That would be a nice truck if it had a paint job." I just said, "sure" and laughed. Now my Dad tells me that every time I drive it to his house, it's our inside joke. This happened the other day, a guy I work with sees me getting out of my truck and says, "Buck, you don't really look like a low-rider kind of guy." I said, "Well, it's not really a low-rider, low-riders have hydraulics and mine is on springs." He just kind of looked at me with a blank look and said "oh". Again, I just laughed. These guys are harmless and I find it a compliment that they are looking at my old beater.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green
My Old Farm Truck SOLD
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
Nathans71

If you like it, it doesn't matter what others think. Just nod and say thanks. Then remember, the people on this board know that it is one sweet ol truck.
Nathans71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
stexag

Quote:
you don't really look like a low-rider kind of guy.
I get this on a lot. I'm a farmer/rancher and my lowered C-10 is NOT like ANYTHING ELSE I own. But I like it. I also live very near the border and demographically I am very much a 'minority' here where I live - so the usual answer I get when I ask "why you say that?" is.... "because your white!"

Damn racial profilers!!
stexag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoaterAz View Post
I would've said "I got some work for you"...

and wiggled my junk at him.
I don't care who you are that is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksSS View Post
Last summer I took my Dad to the local Lowe's to pick up a grill. As I sat out front waiting for him to come out and load it up a guy walks by and says, "That would be a nice truck if it had a paint job." I just said, "sure" and laughed. Now my Dad tells me that every time I drive it to his house, it's our inside joke. This happened the other day, a guy I work with sees me getting out of my truck and says, "Buck, you don't really look like a low-rider kind of guy." I said, "Well, it's not really a low-rider, low-riders have hydraulics and mine is on springs." He just kind of looked at me with a blank look and said "oh". Again, I just laughed. These guys are harmless and I find it a compliment that they are looking at my old beater.
Love your truck. My SWB we be a similar build but BB instead of LS. I would rather it be LS though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathans71 View Post
If you like it, it doesn't matter what others think. Just nod and say thanks. Then remember, the people on this board know that it is one sweet ol truck.
Thanks. I guess I am not a morning person. I didn't mean to come off like a jerk myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stexag View Post
I get this on a lot. I'm a farmer/rancher and my lowered C-10 is NOT like ANYTHING ELSE I own. But I like it. I also live very near the border and demographically I am very much a 'minority' here where I live - so the usual answer I get when I ask "why you say that?" is.... "because your white!"

Damn racial profilers!!
LOL
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
CastIron

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people like original patina, some like shiny paint. It doesn't matter what others say, do what you want.
That being said, I personally don't care much for patina trucks. When I see them the first thing that comes to mind is "that needs paint". But I can definitely understand while some people like the look. Sometimes I wish my truck was in worse shape, just so I wouldn't feel bad about modifying things.
CastIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
BB72CHEVKT

I don't consider my truck to be in that bad of shape for 42 years old. I just can't afford to paint it and I can't deal with the stress that goes along with it. I will build this SWB the same way.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
brian1971

I would love to see more pics of your custom/10 deluxe looks great!

67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=558024
brian1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1971 View Post
I would love to see more pics of your custom/10 deluxe looks great!
Thank you. There are a few pics in my gallery on my profile page. It is a 72 Highlander that I have had since 94. That pic is photoshopped on the front drop. I have everything to finish the front but only the back is currently lowered.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Some people just try to start up a conversation but don't have any people skills so dumb **** comes out. He probably liked your truck. Be happy with that and forget about it.

That is a nice truck... you don't see many of the 3 door Suburbans anymore... shame...
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #19
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Some people just try to start up a conversation but don't have any people skills so dumb **** comes out. He probably liked your truck. Be happy with that and forget about it.

That is a nice truck... you don't see many of the 3 door Suburbans anymore... shame...
I hear you. I guess I was Grumpy Gus this morning but the way he said it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason and I am not really sure why.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
brian1971

Checked out your gallery pics that's has to be a rare truck with those options and that color.Love it looking good

67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=558024
brian1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #21
franken

Well, I'm not a fan of big wheel, or lowered vehicles, but I love the truck.
As others have said, what we see as character/patina, etc, normals see as work needed.
He was trying to compliment your truck.
Try to gracefully accept compliments.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #22
Saclandman

Most people like nice, new, shiney things. I dig the rusty, crusty pieces of old American iron. I get really excited when they're rumbling down the road, still doing what they were built to do.

1967 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside w/283 and 4spdSOLD
2002 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 5.3L SOLD
2015 Chevy Silverado Crew 4X4 5.3L
Saclandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
big d's red67

I don't see it as jealousy, or not understanding maybe you don't understand them. Most people think cars are supposed to look like they are new when they are done so when they see a patina finish the assume its a work in progress, patina type finishes and old worn out looking cars/trucks don't appel to everyday people. If the car "reality shows" will start building them then everyone will love them. JMO

2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS
2013 Camaro RS convertible the wife's

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=573248
big d's red67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Well,not to rub anyone the wrong way,but most folks,including here,didn't "get it" till it became the trend it has fairly recently. You can't expect everyone to catch the trend at the same time. You also can't expect everyone to follow the trend. It's the same with everything,not just patina. The patina look is a work in progress/unfinished look,so in a way this guy did get it. One day,most all patina machine will be painted.

The Suburbans were made longer in '67 which allowed a door for access to be added. That's all there is to it. It was a major improvement for use as a family vehicle over years before. The thinking behind it was likely the same as with Vans that only have curbside doors. I guess GM figured adding a 4th door was a further improvement by the time they redesigned the body in '73. The third door would have been a great idea for the Panels that I wish they had done.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The Suburbans were made longer in '67 which allowed a door for access to be added. That's all there is to it. It was a major improvement for use as a family vehicle over years before. The thinking behind it was likely the same as with Vans that only have curbside doors. I guess GM figured adding a 4th door was a further improvement by the time they redesigned the body in '73. The third door would have been a great idea for the Panels that I wish they had done.
It's also not the first time GM has had "3 door" trucks. GM added a 3rd door to their extended cab trucks in 1996. The 3rd door carried over into the NBS GMT800s until 2000 when the 4th door was optional, then in 2001 the 4th door became standard.

S10s also had a 3 door extended cab, but I don't think they ever made it to 4 doors, just the crew cabs.

Just a little trivia

I happed to own a rare 3 door 2000 Silverado
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote