The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
steveo3318

How long will it last??? 3 speed saginaw and new 383!!!!

Ok so I just bought the 67 a couple months ago and I was not happy with the engine. Just a freshen up turned into full eagle stroker kit, World heads, and a full roller build. My builder says respectively 425 to 475 hp easy with the parts I used. I am prob one of the only folks yall will ever hear this from, but I honestly was not wanting that much HP. But hey everything was bought and paid for before I ask.

So here is the question and lets get one thing strait before it even starts. "The only reason I bought the truck was the three on the tree" Its what I learned to drive on and I DO NOT want to change to an auto. AT ALL. Maybe when I am 70. I may consider a t56 swap from american powertrain later on down the road but love the three on the tree.

My driving habits are. I like to hear it. I don't catch gears, But i MAY want to ease into second and roll into it and let her break traction. Its not a track truck, it is limited slip even though I do want a locker. I don't care to do long burn outs. I will be pulling my ski boat with it occasionally.

Can I expect and explosion soon or maybe not? My biggest problem is going to be getting on it a little after I get into second. NO SPEED SHIFTS
steveo3318 is offline   Reply With Quote