The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona
Re: Not a lot of MD, DC, VA guys here???

Just moved to San Diego from the Pasadena area. Noticed there were quite a few board members out there and good things to do. Glad to be out here though. The weather and being closer to my family in Arizona makes all the difference. Never had a garage at my house back there and my '69 was taking hits due to the wet weather and such back there. Right now it is sitting in the shade at my house in Phoenix, AZ waiting for me to finish installing the freshly overhauled 396BB.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
jhama78

Eastern Shore of Va here.

'06 3500 LWB CC 4wd, 8.1 Allison
jhama78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #28
poorboy70

Hey fellas. This is my first post. I am in Martinsville Va. Nascar town. 1970 c10 ls swap in progress!!!!
poorboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
rydeordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy70 View Post
Hey fellas. This is my first post. I am in Martinsville Va. Nascar town. 1970 c10 ls swap in progress!!!!
Welcome! I will definitely be following your build. I will be doing the same soon.
rydeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #30
96blazr

I'm n Fairfax, VA. Glad to see you're in Ft Washington. I grew up in Clinton. I remember Ft. Washington well.

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #31
cherokeejohn

well I am currently a "Marylander", north-central, Carroll County. I was born in Prince Georges Co. spent most of my childhood/ Teens on the Cherokee Res.N. Carolina, My 20s in SW Florida, Port Charlotte , And now, halfway through my 30s, Back to where I began. I traveled to the SW for a couple years in early 20s, and seen some beautiful country. amazingly, this little state has a variety of landscapes. short of a desert, but a dry, dusty field on a hot summer day comes close at times. I am basically right in-between steve hafner and special k. not to far. If you need a hand or anything I can assist with, don't hesitate to ask. I at least stop thru the forum daily. I have a 72 and this site has helped me out greatly. I've only been around here 18 mos. or so. There's a member on he goes by Mayo, he is a fellow Marylander and he turned me on to the "Regions" board as well. I get info on shows, meets, gatherings in the tri-state and surrounding ares. Anyways... Nice to meet ya, Welcome to the board!
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Hey cherokeejohn, glad to see another Carroll County yocal. I'm like you, born here, lived in and traveled to other parts of the country, ended up back here. And, not because I didn't love the other places I was. More like my favorite places tend to have the worst economies. That, and the feeling of wanting to be closer to family, especially now that my mom is in her 80s. I met a gal with two children, ended up marrying, bought a house in Mt. Airy to be close enough to work yet out enough to suit me, and here I still am. Leaving Maryland gave me a better perspective on this area. It ain't so bad, but I have to admit I like what it was more than what it has become. the history of this region keeps me happy and nothing better than jumping in the truck (or on the bike) and running the back roads through rural countryside... or up Ole 40 to see my mom in Garrett County

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote