The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #26
nail pounder

Re: stupid question

Wow, what a positive bunch. Thanks for the advise, I think we'll do it. My ol' lady is pretty talented with a paint brush, maybe I can talk her into a old school pin stripe type "father & daughter work in progress" on the bottom of the tailgate or something...I dunno. Anyhow, I was surprised to log on & see all the positive posts but I dig it. Here's a couple of shots when we did the master/booster, pump, pump, hooollldd!
Attached Images

nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #27
The Rocknrod

You may not think so, but she will NEVER forget these day's she worked on that old truck with you.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #28
OLDTRUCKHAULER

My old man entered a 31 vicky chassiss in the Starbird show years back, won a trophy for it. Enter your truck as is and use it for a learning experience. Lay a "opinion" book out with pens for people to express their thoughts about the truck, and as was said, let your daughter have a large part of talking about the truck, make her take more pride in it.
I show mine, rough exterior (sleeper) and technology underneath. Don't care for a shine and show truck too much.
67 Chevy 1/2t fleet no rust
85 GMC custom dually, hauler
88 Int. Rollback
OLDTRUCKHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:03 AM   #29
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Dude you have a young daughter, in this generation, in California....and you got her into workin on your old truck. You have officially accomplished more parenting than anyone I know. And she wants to take it....go with it for as long as she's interested.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #30
Steve-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Dude you have a young daughter, in this generation, in California....and you got her into workin on your old truck. You have officially accomplished more parenting than anyone I know. And she wants to take it....go with it for as long as she's interested.
Amen!! I can only hope my son will be into my truck as much as your daughter
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #31
Chevy Fleetside

It would be nice to see you at the Brother Truck Show in June http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=658210 . I should be there with my half done truck. Who knows maybe I can get the bed work done by then. I am also signed up for Pacific Coast Dream Machines April 26th at the Half Moon Bay Airport.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536

Last edited by Chevy Fleetside; 04-13-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #32
canadian_diesel1964

Oh ya man if my son and I could push ours there we'd be right beside you...go for it!
canadian_diesel1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 AM   #33
66LSx

Make it about the day.... having lunch together and looking at other cars & trucks.....
{what a car show its TRULY supposed to be}

If you make it about trophies... you're already in it for the wrong reason.

My ugly old rusty holes in the fenders/floor 66 c10 with the LS swap had more people stopping by it then the cherry Mach-1 or the 69 RS/SS sitting next to me.

Trophies??..... none..... interest?... plenty.... an awesome rib-on-a-stick lunch and having fun conversation talking to other honest car guys & girls..... absolutely

You have an honest and awesome truck... but quite frankly park it... make the walk.. see what you two want to see with each other... and if its time to leave... then leave.

This is the traveling group I went to car shows with... NONE would ever stay for a trophy presentation.. only for the experience and when its time to go.... see ya later.

Have fun together with the truck.... not be ashamed of if you come home without hardware.

PS: The nice part about the LSx swap.... that 69 Mach 1 or Shelby clone want nothing to do with that C-10 when the wallets come out in a straight line.... #hammerdown

2012 GMC Sierra 5.3L 4x4 CCSB
66LSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #34
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66LSx View Post
This is the traveling group I went to car shows with... NONE would ever stay for a trophy presentation..
Well if you go to carshows with Mustangs, they got no reason to ever stick around for the trophies

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:37 AM   #35
nail pounder

On our way home from her horseback riding lesson yesterday we discussed it. We are going to do the Fallbrook show in may(we go every year anyhow) & I think we will do the brother's show June 28 also. She seemed more excited about that one because it will be all Chevy's. Thanks for all the encouragement. I think I'm going to order this Hurst shifter & tower I've had my eye on. I just needed an excuse . I noticed in the background of the pic of her sitting under the hood the "62 VET" plate on my garage wall from my dads car that I grew up working on with him, & it reminded me of old times. We certainly don't expect any trophies, just making memories.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2015, 01:40 AM   #36
nail pounder

Wrong pic, its the one of her helping me bleed the brakes, but anyhow...good times.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #37
Chevy Fleetside

Cool. I hope to see you at the Brothers Show. I will hopefully be there with my son.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #38
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Great looking truck and would would fit in at almost any shows I go to. I did 3+ years of shows with this truck (similar looking as yours).

1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #39
nail pounder

Sharp looking 65 ya got there Chevy Mike
Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #40
62jimmy

I definitely agree with what the others have said. I am 33 now and I still have the 72 Nova my Dad and I built starting when I was 14. We did everything on it and it took us 4 years to finish, its not perfect, but I am still really proud of all the work we did and the time I spent with my Dad is irreplaceable. Something we have always done is take a book of progress pictures along with us and set under the hood to show the work you have done. I've found that people really enjoy looking at the before and after pictures and it generally generates a lot of conversation, especially from the other guys that really build the cars/trucks themselves. Most people really respect that you have done it yourself and you should be proud that you have brought the truck back to life even if its not done yet..

P.S. I hope your ready to let go of that truck when she gets her license, cause I don't think your gonna hear the end of it...
62jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #41
nail pounder

Good call on a picture album with the progress pics, & I like "old truck hauler" opinion/idea book as well. We have a long way to go but enjoyed cruzing it in various stages. Funny you should mention about her wanting it at 16, 62jimmy, cuz she has already started priming me. It all started with a conversation where she asked which car would be less damaged in an accident, the 66 or some foreign job. I of course told her the Chevy would crush it, then every car she saw she'd ask "OK dad, who'd win, Chevy or...(Insert any random grocery getter)" She is convincing me she'd be safer driving the 66 & wants to learn to drive a clutch next time we're in a safe area. Pretty smart for a 5th grader.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #42
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

A pretty daughter, not afraid to get dirty, and into old trucks, I've been there and done that, hope you have the shotgun(s) lined up, because the boys will be a calling! LOL

I would definitely enter it in the shows! The in-progress vehicles are my favorites at the shows! Their owners are much more fun to talk to and work over for ideas! LOL

Good luck, and awesome project!

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote