The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #26
BB72CHEVKT

Re: Thoughts on value

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrahd4me View Post
I would call that a good buy for sure. The wheels are about $1200, so truck price around $8600. Add $1200 for a mild drop & tires and your setting with a killer truck at $12.5k value all day. Good job sir.
I just closed the deal. The rally wheels and BFG's should sell for $400 to $500 so even better.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #27
ultrahd4me

Good deal. Here is another 87 a friend of mine built last fall also.
Attached Images

ultrahd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #28
BB72CHEVKT

There is a lien on the vehicle so my plan is to have him sign a bill of sale and get it notarized at the credit union as protection until he gets the title back from the lender. I was also going to wire the money from my account to the lender as additional proof of payment and take possession of the truck with payment and bill of sale. The lender will only mail the title to him. Anyone have a bill of sale format that they have used in these circumstances.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #29
allengator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB72CHEVKT View Post
I just closed the deal. The rally wheels and BFG's should sell for $400 to $500 so even better.
what condition are the wheels and tires in?
I might be interested... especially if you could meet me in Dallas or Rockwall...
I am just south of Ft Worth....

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #30
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Good deal. Here is another 87 a friend of mine built last fall also.
That looks great. What drop parts are you using for the static drops you have done on your past trucks? I know I can do spindles and coils up front and a flip kit out back. Looking for recommendations on best parts and pricing.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #31
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by allengator View Post
what condition are the wheels and tires in?
I might be interested... especially if you could meet me in Dallas or Rockwall...
I am just south of Ft Worth....
I have 2 other trucks with the same bolt pattern so I may hang on to them since they are so nice. I will keep you in mind as first in line. I also am not sure of the value.

Last edited by BB72CHEVKT; 02-17-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: change info
BB72CHEVKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #32
TKCR

Quote:
Good for you, I'm happy to hear you got it. I saw it sold, and was afraid someone else got to it first.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
TKCR

Quote:
Here is a inspiration for you on a 87 I finished last fall.
I absolutely love the all the trucks you have done!!!
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #34
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Here is a inspiration for you on a 87 I finished last fall.
That truck was beautiful. I saw it when you had it for sale and that prompted me to look at your other creations and they all have been spot on.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #35
ultrahd4me

Thank you. I would advise you to get a little more info from his bank on making the payoff. Some banks can escrow the money and expedite the title release if they know in advance. Otherwise you are probably ok with what you stated. I would write up a formal sales order, get a bill of sale, wire transfer receipt, and get a lien release also.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:15 PM   #36
allengator

Quote:
I have 2 other trucks with the same bolt pattern so I may hang on to them since they are so nice. I will keep you in mind as first in line. I also am not sure of the value.
Cool, Thanks!
and congrats on the score!!

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #37
BB72CHEVKT

I went to see the truck today in the daylight since I looked at it the other night. I also didn't drive it the other day only listened to it idle. The good news is I was impressed with how well it drove and ran. The suspension and steering was good as well. The ac was ice cold although there was a switch by the accumulator that had to be tapped for it to kick on. The paint is not as good in the day light. There is the one cancer spot berhind the rear passenger wheel that I saw the other night so no suprise there. There were a 2 maybe three small dings that paintless dent repair could get out and are not very noticeable. The roof of the cab had a big scratch that may have left an impression in the metal. You can't see it at stock height but will probably be able to see it when lowered. I found it strange that it did not have a tilt column and the cluster bezel was black with not stainless looking face. I think it is the original bezel. The card board tray behind the seat is like new looking which I find odd if it is original.The spare tire carrier is missing and the retrosound stereo is not working. I crawled under it again and still think the motor may have been replaced at some point due to how clean it is underneath. There is a little oil but not much and is very clean for the 28k on the odometer.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #38
f.monroe

Sounds like you picked up a nice clean mostly original truck . I think the engine could be original. It has been sold by a dealer before so it may have been pressure washed from underneath on a lift.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
ultrahd4me

Quote:
That looks great. What drop parts are you using for the static drops you have done on your past trucks? I know I can do spindles and coils up front and a flip kit out back. Looking for recommendations on best parts and pricing.

I've lowered them a few different ways with several different brands but I've found 2 combinations I really like.

4-5" drop: 2-1/2 drop spindle (McGaughty's) / Moog #6454 new coil spring with 1 full round removed 1-1/2" drop / DJM rear flip kit with shock relocation brackets 5-5-1/2" drop / new 5/8 u-bolts / stock length shocks of choice / all from Summit Racing except u-bolts. $450-$500 245/40 or 45 & 275/45 tires

5-6" drop: 2-1/2 drop spindle (McGaughty's) / 1 full round off stock springs in the truck now ( 2" drop plus 1/2" sag) / DJM rear flip kit with shock relocation brackets 5-5-1/2" drop / 1/2-1" lowering block / new 5/8 u-bolts / stock length shocks of choice / all from Summit Racing except u-bolts. $400-$450 245/40 or 255/35 & 275/45 tires
Old 02-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #40
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
I've lowered them a few different ways with several different brands but I've found 2 combinations I really like.

4-5" drop: 2-1/2 drop spindle (McGaughty's) / Moog #6454 new coil spring with 1 full round removed 1-1/2" drop / DJM rear flip kit with shock relocation brackets 5-5-1/2" drop / new 5/8 u-bolts / stock length shocks of choice / all from Summit Racing except u-bolts. $450-$500 245/40 or 45 & 275/45 tires

5-6" drop: 2-1/2 drop spindle (McGaughty's) / 1 full round off stock springs in the truck now ( 2" drop plus 1/2" sag) / DJM rear flip kit with shock relocation brackets 5-5-1/2" drop / 1/2-1" lowering block / new 5/8 u-bolts / stock length shocks of choice / all from Summit Racing except u-bolts. $400-$450 245/40 or 255/35 & 275/45 tires
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #41
68longhorn

Quote:
I went to see the truck today in the daylight since I looked at it the other night. I also didn't drive it the other day only listened to it idle. The good news is I was impressed with how well it drove and ran. The suspension and steering was good as well. The ac was ice cold although there was a switch by the accumulator that had to be tapped for it to kick on. The paint is not as good in the day light. There is the one cancer spot berhind the rear passenger wheel that I saw the other night so no suprise there. There were a 2 maybe three small dings that paintless dent repair could get out and are not very noticeable. The roof of the cab had a big scratch that may have left an impression in the metal. You can't see it at stock height but will probably be able to see it when lowered. I found it strange that it did not have a tilt column and the cluster bezel was black with not stainless looking face. I think it is the original bezel. The card board tray behind the seat is like new looking which I find odd if it is original.The spare tire carrier is missing and the retrosound stereo is not working. I crawled under it again and still think the motor may have been replaced at some point due to how clean it is underneath. There is a little oil but not much and is very clean for the 28k on the odometer.
Im still living in the past apparently. Its a nice looking truck but for 10k or more I think it should be spotless, and everything work perfect. I know new truck prices are astronomical but I still don't see it with these old trucks. Even with the 67-72 I can't understand the prices they go for.

I bought my 86 with 105k miles, good paint, nickle sized rust holes in the cab corners and surface rust on lf fender for well under $1500 in 2008. I think I got a great deal on it, thought it was maybe a $2500-$3000 truck at that time and still a similar value today.
68longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #42
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68longhorn View Post
Im still living in the past apparently. Its a nice looking truck but for 10k or more I think it should be spotless, and everything work perfect. I know new truck prices are astronomical but I still don't see it with these old trucks. Even with the 67-72 I can't understand the prices they go for.

I bought my 86 with 105k miles, good paint, nickle sized rust holes in the cab corners and surface rust on lf fender for well under $1500 in 2008. I think I got a great deal on it, thought it was maybe a $2500-$3000 truck at that time and still a similar value today.
The truck is in incredible shape and runs and drives great. The pics are pretty accurate minus the few paint chips.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #43
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68longhorn View Post

LOL, I hear that often from old folks. Many people who were around during the muscle car wars of the 60's think those cars shouldn't cost more than they did when they were new.

Well, these trucks are getting old now, just like the muscle cars did. And just like furniture or any other type of desirable antique, when they get old and there is an attraction for them, the prices naturally go up.

You won't get a spotless anything for $10k anymore, and you certainly can't build a spotless car for less either. Some are lucky enough to get in while it was cheap, while others now are on the outside looking in.

But on the same token, I'm not into the 80's trucks that much, I don't care for computer controlled stuff, so yeah, they aren't worth as much to me. That doesn't mean they won't fetch good money though. They are nice trucks and the last of the square body style.

I think he did fine on his purchase.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #44
capone550

The value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for it.
capone550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #45
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
LOL, I hear that often from old folks. Many people who were around during the muscle car wars of the 60's think those cars shouldn't cost more than they did when they were new.

Well, these trucks are getting old now, just like the muscle cars did. And just like furniture or any other type of desirable antique, when they get old and there is an attraction for them, the prices naturally go up.

You won't get a spotless anything for $10k anymore, and you certainly can't build a spotless car for less either. Some are lucky enough to get in while it was cheap, while others now are on the outside looking in.

But on the same token, I'm not into the 80's trucks that much, I don't care for computer controlled stuff, so yeah, they aren't worth as much to me. That doesn't mean they won't fetch good money though. They are nice trucks and the last of the square body style.

Depends on the definition of spotless & location. This is custom truck for $10g CAD or $7g USD. I know a fully restored 2wd K5 for $9g CAD or $6500USD. In some areas the market is small enough that to be over $10g they have to be fully restored & truly spotless.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/5453822274.html If the colour wasn't green I'd have bought it already lol Just needs to be airbagged tho.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #46
68longhorn

Well said capone

Im not old (29) maybe im just cheap. I was just stating my opinion on what i think of the value on squares. That said a new truck shouldn't cost $50k either

I like the saying "if you are happy with the price it's just right"
68longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #47
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Thanks, I am a little hesitant about the TBI etc. as well. These are my other trucks. The SWB is photo shopped as the front has not been lowered and there is no motor or tranny. The truck is rust free and in excellent condition and I would not sell just the body for less than 10k because I could not replace it. I have had it since 94 and used to drive it daily then life got in the way. The burb has been my daily for the last few years and I have put 35k miles on her. I wrecked the burb 12/16 and I am waiting on original paint matching parts to put it back together and to keep the patina so I need a driver ASAP.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #48
BB72CHEVKT

This is Texas and trucks are king so the prices reflect that as well.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #49
Firebirdjones

I did notice while hunting for a duramax that Texas was the place to look. Texas had a larger selection and I finally found the one I wanted over there.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #50
capone550

I stumbled upon mine. Good squarebody trucks here are impossible to find. If you are into a truck that has every mossy oak item on it, every wire spliced for extra lights or every fender cut so they can "flex" it on their neighbors Kia, then this is the place to find one.
capone550 is offline   Reply With Quote