The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #26
goatless

Re: No love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPhotos View Post
It's because your picture is a year old! You live in CA and it's not a Prius. Your polluting the environment with an old truck which has been classified in the MSDS as "known to cause cancer in CA and only CA", and it didn't cost $70k to get leather and a Diesel.
That's funny, because I was nervous and thinking I'd be the major polluter in my CA area. On my block alone are probably 15 or so hybrids. One guy converted a Mazda Miata to electric, and always has one other hybrid.

But what I found was that, parked in dozens upon dozens of garages in the area, there are hot rods a plenty. The biggest surprise was seeing a guy back a super nice looking black '57 Chevy convertible out of his garage. As I passed by, I saw in his garage an unrestored late 60s Dodge Daytona. Parked on the street was a restored Daytona. This guy had two matching 2 car garages for his 3 classics.

I'm sure there are folks who'll complain (heck, even I wouldn't want to drive behind my truck), but there are a lot of folks who appreciate seeing classics every now and then.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #27
66ChevyMax

Thumbs up for "your" truck, best part about driving mine is all the looks, double looks, horn honks, thumbs up and even some 4 letter words sometimes.

Keep truck'n in your truck!
1957 Chevrolet 2dr Hardtop
"It makes sence if you don't think about it"
Mesquite 1966 C10 - LS3 W/ Air Ride
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4989763
66ChevyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #28
americanmusc1e

As soon as I saw your truck, I started looking for design elements to copy

Nice truck! I wish mine was more like yours!

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #29
DLW

Sal, since we are neighbors, if I see you cruising around I'll give you a thumbs up for sure. If I am not in my 66' C-10 by then, I'll be in my lowered 70' F100 DD, so don't give me any snooty a$$ looks, lol... And same with you goatless ..I know it may look funny getting a thumbs up from guy in a ford, but I'm a chevy guy at heart, I like this Ford though and it's what my dad always drove.

I agree with you, there is tons of cool classics and hot rods in CA. I don't get to many people giving me the finger, there usually to busy cutting me off.
DLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #30
forestb

I'm in California and I get thumbs up all the time. Even from Jay Leno.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #31
scum1

the people that always have something to critique about your ride are just those types of people, ya know..

I personally love your truck man, you'd get a thumbs up from me for sure.

I think its funny how when I'm driving mine around, lets say i pull up to a light, and no one really notices it..

its like, I'm in a 53 year old, loud, green, truck. and some people don't even look twice..guess its the same when i pull up to certain modded out tuners or such..not my style so i don't gawk.

but it does depend on the style of truck too, a clean resto, is gonna draw looks from certain people, while the low patina truck draws another. Some people def stereotype the latter, (hood, thuggish. etc.) but let em.
scum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #32
jchav62
1962 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW View Post
Sal, since we are neighbors, if I see you cruising around I'll give you a thumbs up for sure. If I am not in my 66' C-10 by then, I'll be in my lowered 70' F100 DD, so don't give me any snooty a$$ looks, lol... And same with you goatless ..I know it may look funny getting a thumbs up from guy in a ford, but I'm a chevy guy at heart, I like this Ford though and it's what my dad always drove.

I agree with you, there is tons of cool classics and hot rods in CA. I don't get to many people giving me the finger, there usually to busy cutting me off.
I'm with you DLW... I don't really like Fords, but I like my Ford. My uncle had one just like it when I was growing up so I had a soft spot... For the record, I get a good amount of thumbs up in the '62 or the '65.

(notice the HEI dist and Quadrajet running the 360... Frd Tough with Chevy stuff)
Attached Images

.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #33
cv65

Hey Home Boy,You only have to please 2 people in life ,The Lord & Yourself everybody else can F--- Off,If a guy has ever worked, I mean really worked on,one of these old truck he knows the ups and downs you go through,I know you had your share ,we all have .By the way Nice Truck
cv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #34
mr andrerson

I think your truck is like your music, your clothes, and even your partner.... its what you want it to be. Let the haters hate.... making you happy should be the only criteria it needs to fulfill
mr andrerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #35
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I'll give your truck a thumbs up Sal

While someone else's truck may not be exactly what I would build, I can still appreciate all the work that has been put into it.

My DD is a '68 C10 and sometimes I get recognition from other old truck guys and others are just snobs. And I'm okay with that.
I could not have said it better myself so I "copied" Captainfab.

You gotta understand that to "most people" these are just old vehicles. I believe that the masses only look at vehicles as transportation. Not like we do. It's one of those things that either you get it or you don't.
I think most drive by and if they think about your old truck at all it's "probably can't afford a better/newer vehicle". Not realizing (much less understanding) why we would ever put this amount of time/effort/money into an old truck.
Just smile and cruise on down the road and occasionally someone like us drives by who "gets it" and gives you a thumbs up.
This is the only reason I go to car shows. Don't care if I ever get another dust collector trophy, but love to be in a place where all the other people around also get it. That's where we gather.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote