The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2004, 02:46 AM   #26
crackajacka
Stylin

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73

A mechanical is a breeze to install...and there is only two bolts as well. Now there is a plate that bolts under the pump, but to replace a pump you only need to remove two bolts (the ones that hold the pump to the block). Not only that, but Eric already has fuel lines there...he could install it in his sleep! If he chose to run an electric one, he would need to run new lines since elec pumps need to be mounted as close to the tank as possible, not to mention they need to be gravity fed so he will have to figure that out too (where to mount it, and if it will work with his tank). I have NEVER broken a mechanical pump...and I put alot of miles on my vehicles.
ill 2nd that im still using the fuel pump i bought to replace the one that was on my 305 3 1/2 years ago cause i thought it went out but i think it was just loose but i went ahead and replaced it anyways. i didnt even use the one i bought when i was buying parts.
crackajacka is offline   Reply With Quote