The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2022, 06:25 PM   #26
LT7A

Re: If you were building a restomod which modern improvements would you add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr View Post
G80 would have been great but the GM employee that bought it new did not opt for it. I got Posi and Limited Slip mixed up.

As far as the stalk, I have had different problems.
1st was the set button popped out and could not be replaced
2nd was the wiper part stripped out, spun around and would not engage wipers. Replaced stalk and wiper switch, just in case.
3rd just happened. The cruise switch is stuck in the off position and will not let it engage. If I try any harder to slide the switch, it will probably break.

I have bought these from Advance Auto and they come with a "Limited Lifetime" Warranty. This means they will replace it ONCE during the lifetime. Bought 1st and 3rd ones, 2nd was warrantied. Getting tired of tearing column down to replace.
If you bought the third one, then you have a brand new warranty on that one, yeah? But you are probably tired of being the test mule for this manufacturer as you have found three glaring shortcomings for someone actually trying to use their product.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:43 PM   #27
Wgesnerjr

Well, took the truck out today and the switch moved to the on position. Cruise is working again as well as resume and accelerate. Not sure what the issue was but I'm not ever turning it off again!!
LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #28
bennylava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr View Post
G80 would have been great but the GM employee that bought it new did not opt for it. I got Posi and Limited Slip mixed up.

As far as the stalk, I have had different problems.
Sounds like you probably have a few of those stalks laying around. Might be time to take matters into your own hands, and construct your own out of all metal components. Send off some of the parts to be machined out of a piece of aluminum. I mean hey, it would fix the problem for good. Then just paint it black or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerMD90 View Post
I didn't see anyone mention cup holders! (How can you forget the cup holders!?)
Well I figured those would be in the nice console with wireless induction cell phone charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
The things I would do if I let my imagination go wild would be air bags on all 4 corners, a newer dodge ram multi function tailgate, heated steering wheel, steering wheel controls, rear back window slides down, 6 din radio in dash, better HVAC controls and some larger 16" wagon wheels.
Yep, I want do do all of that, but I do have questions about the sliding rear window. I don't think there's enough room to do that and still have any storage space behind the seats. As for the dodge tailgate, can you elaborate? How would that best be adapted to work on one of these old tailgates?

Heated steering wheel and controls might be a chore. For good controls that have good feeling buttons anyway, that are intuitive and easy to find when you're not looking at them.

I've been looking for better Hvac controls for a good while now. I'd like to get away from those levers, I just don't like them. And I think some metal work would be required on the dash, to make a nice modern radio look good in there. Given their size. Let's add a back up camera too.
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote