The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #51
jake60

Re: Sum Lowlifes

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidout69 View Post

haha i dont care wut shane thinks im lying or not. but i dont know why i would make sumthin like that. but any ways today i got the fuel cell back. found out who did it. yea this is a small town where i live and the word gets out fast. and people talk and a buddy of mine came bby and told me who it was. so now im supposed to get my bags and valves back tomorrow! but i still need to go buy new line cuz they was all cut and damaged. so yea thanks for all the support!
Do you really consider 50,000 people a "small" town? To me a population of 2000 is large town.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #52
alblogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
Haven't any of you got a car/truck running on carb cleaner before? If a truck will run for a few seconds on nothing but a shot of 2+2, I think it will run a minute or two on what's left in the lines & carb. You guys should be ashamed of yourself. Here he comes in here for a little support and sympathy, and you all give him grief and question his credibility. I ask you this....what would he have to gain by lying? Not a thing.
I'm sorry if I sound bi*chy, and you guys can roll your eyes and curse me for the female I am...but give the guy a break!
I agree the first time I changed the fuel filter in my '88 PU I pulled the pump fuse started it to let it run out of gas to relieve pressure in the line. I thought I had pulled the wrong fuse it took it so long to die.
Tuner,Viper
'88 K1500 Cheyenne, 5.0, stock, bought new
'86 Nissan 720 Trash Truck
'69 C/10 step side, 307, all original, second owner, in process of restore.

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrurt the person doing it.
Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Allen- Paintman
Wrenchtwister
Broompusher
Old 10-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #53
Stoney
Farm Truck

My 72 has two tanks and one isn't hooked up and I always turn the lever to that tank when I park it for long periods of time for this reason. I have started it up many times and forgot to switch it back and gone a good ways down the road before it runs out (Big Block at that). I believe it could happen.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #54
jake60

"It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time." Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #55
68haywagon
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake60 View Post
Don’t forget, a high percentage of the fuel WILL evaporate out of the carburetor bowel when it is shut down warm and the vehicle is left sitting overnight. It would probably start w/o a tank but 2 minutes with the choke on? I think not.
Your right it didn't happen and I didn't talk to my neighbor while we were laughing about it. I lied and you caught me

I was first thing in the morning this spring (maybe 70* out), I wanted and early start so I had plenty of time to get to the part store if I fudged up. Choke on after an overnight sit...ran for about two minutes. I didn't time because I didn't care, but maybe I'll do it on my next day off.

Mike
1968 Chevrolet C-10 longbed fleetside - sold
Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #56
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedup72 View Post
I had a friend who was going out to his bmw one night to get some of his cd's out of it and noticed it rocking from side to side. He knew something was up so he went back in and grabbed his 9mm, when he came back out and was walking up to the car he saw a head pop up, he yelled at the punk and the guy took of running. He told him to stop but the guy kept running. So, He shot him in the ass. When the cops showed up, he showed them the gun the paramedics loaded in the patty wagon, the cops said since it was on private property there was nothing they could do about it, then they congradulated him on a great shot.He said he told that it sucked because he was aiming for the guys head. I asked him if the guy actually had his leg still attached and he said yes because he had not put his hollow points in because he had just recently gone target shooting. So shoot the little ****s and drag em onto your property.
In Colorado we have the “make my day” law which states if someone breaks into your home, you can use any kind of force against the intruder including killing them that you wish. Interestingly, a high percentage of the cases that have occurred, both the homeowner and burglar had been drinking heavily and or knew each other. This law only applies to inside your home NOT outside. If you shoot someone outside your home, you’d better be ready for the consequences and it probably won’t be pretty.

Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone knows how many burglaries have been prevented since this law was enacted.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #57
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

I can't believe all the people who AREN'T believing this guy. A few weeks back I went hunting and drove my old 84 CJ-7. When I was done and ready to leave, I started her up and went to back out. I backed her up about 20 feet and she died. I cranked her over and nothing happened. I opened the hood up and looked and the filter was cracked and leaking all the fuel before it could get to the carb. So I by passed the filter and took a bottle and collected some gas and poured it directly into the carb. That was enough to get it started and going. Drove it 20 miles home where I parked it. It IS possible to start a carbed vehicle and run it for a little while before all the fuel is out of the filter and the lines. God, I'm 17 years old and can figure that one out.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:31 PM   #58
orangefleet72
Account Suspended

what I love is everybody defending this guy. How many story tellers come onto forums and make up crap? 50,000 people is not a small town. grant if it were someone that you knew that stole it then it is a whole nother ball game. I have been around carbs all my life and it is possible to run for a bit. but use logic people, how long does it take to walk out to your pickup, start it up, walk back inside and finish getting ready for the day.... at the least five minutes. unless your running.... not to mention that now he is getting his parts back.. where's the incriminating pictures?? the bags gone, the fuel cell gone. he took the effort to take the full pickup shots, it doesn't take but 2 more seconds to lean over and take under body shots.

Some people feel the need for people to feel sorry for them.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #59
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

Okay okay people! Let'd tone it down a little. Trust me, keep this up, and this thread WILL get locked. Not trying to jump on anybody's backs here, but let's be nice, and the moderators will too.

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/
Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #60
laidout69

alright i guess im gunna have to take pics of the **** missing! will do tomorrow . and yea if u really want i can maybe even take a video to show that a truck will run without a fuel cell.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:10 AM   #61
84 400
Sb 400 club

ha ha h aa vidoe..... I do belive you about it getting stolen but i have never heard of any one getting it back from the theif.... At least with out kicking his sorry a$$! My cosin had his 04 warrior 350 stolen out of his back yard by the guys building he house nexted door. So the contractor pomessed to give him a quad of equal value or a banshee and guess what.... That never hapened. I will tell ya i would kick the crap out of these guys on the prinicple it is great they gave it back but never sould have taken it in the first place. And now they know your truck and were you live man be ready to see some broken glass or spray paint if they think you treat them bad. This kind of stealing and gioving back with no conciqance makes me sick.

"yes they diserve to die and i hope they burn in hell"
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out

Last edited by 84 400; 10-16-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 AM   #62
jake60

There's little “critical thinking” since they quit teaching it years ago in skool. Herd mentality runs rampant in most all forums on the internet.

Last edited by jake60; 10-16-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #63
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 400 View Post
I do belive you about it getting stolen but i have never heard of any one getting it back from the theif.... At least with out kicking his sorry a$$!
I got my subs back when they were stolen. Subs and two amps, still missing the two 6x9's and the radar detector. Didn't have to kick no ass, or nothin. Granted, it was one of my friends who had them, who I am very sure didn't do it. Actually I think it was his younger brother. I was very much ready to mess somebody up, though. And I mean really mess somebody up.

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #64
roughedup72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy2wd View Post
That is awsome but I always thought that they had to be in your house and not in the front yard. Unless he wasn't in a city and then maybe the rules are different. Not calling you a lier just trying to find out the truth behind this law.

But anyways glad to hear you are getting your stuff back laidout69.
Yeah it supprised the heck out of me to. But because he was stilling something and was caught red handed I guess they didnt care. The police said that he was on private property so there was nothing they could do to him for sooting the crook in the butt. Now, if he would of killed him I'm sure that would of been a different story. I'm sure it was investigated but not sure of what came out of it. My only thought was that its to bad he didnt blow his head off because the sorry sob can turn around and sue him.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #65
JRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
you warmed it up without a fuel cell?? neat trick
Most Carborators have float bowls and they usually will run for a short while even if there is no fuel cell. Its bad enough he is the victim of thieves but to get heckled on here, hope it never happens to you. Sorry to here about your situation Jake60. Do you have a garage you can park it in so this wont happen in the future?

JRB

Last edited by JRB; 10-16-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #66
laidout69

alright my stuff got sold so its long gone. but the lil sob came back try to get sumthin else. i dont know wut he was after. well this time i was ready for him. set me up a lil booty trap. well the truck is up in jack stands. and wut i did was got sum tin cans and fishing line. had the cans under the truck(so nobody can see them) then in the walk way was the fishing line.well it was around 1:30 a.m.. i was just sittin watchin a movie. when i heard my tin cans go off. so i jumped up grapped the 12 guage shotgun. off i went out side. found the sob on the ground. i guess after he made all the noise he took of and tripped and fell. idk but pointed the gun right at him said u make 1 move and i blow your head off. took my cell phone out of my pocket called police. and off he went to jail! believe me or not but my tin can idea worked! i dont care if no1 believes me but i dont have nuthin to lie about! but really this did happen.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #67
Aarons72s

Right on laidout69, You finally got that little B*****D! I bet you scared the sh!t out of him. Hope you get reimbursed for waht that little sob took.
Aaron

Last edited by Aarons72s; 10-17-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #68
cdowns

lets see it was in the driveway "layin frame" so they brought a jack and tools took out the bags with thier hand tools disconnected the fuel cell (with fuel) but cut the lines when they already had wrenches at hand removed all the parts tools and jack nobody heard nuttin
then the miraculous recovery the next day of the parts/ the next nite hes under it again , did he have his jack again??? and the ratteling cans and gunpoint confrontation

WHAT'S NOT TO BELIEVE

i don't believe in the toothfairy but will believe him if he posts the copies of the police report
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #69
texas69truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSRXION View Post
Gents, not to be argumentative BUT ... IF you shoot someone who is running away from an attempted theft of your property, they will own your property VERY shortly. If you are not in immediate danger or fearing for your life, you DO NOT have the authority to pull the trigger on a thief, no matter how much the sorry bastard deserves it.

Case law is full of horror stories where the criminal sued the property owner and won. F'ed up as it may sound, it's very true.

I don't mean to contradict anyone or to call any story into question. However, I can assure you with absolute certainty that if you shoot a thief simply because he stole your merchandise... you'll be going to jail and he'll be getting your stuff at the end of his successful civil suit.

Just a word of warning before you pull the trigger. If you doubt me, call your local cop shop or prosecutor and ask them. JMHO, Dean

That's why I'm happy to be living in Texas, if they are on your property its fair game.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 AM   #70
Aarons72s

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas69truck View Post
That's why I'm happy to be living in Texas, if they are on your property its fair game.
I always liked that law until I worked as a repo man. We had to go down and get cars in texas. Let me just say we tried to keep it down to gone in 15 seconds.
Aaron
Old 10-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #71
84 400
Sb 400 club

yeah it does sound far fetched but cutting lines is quicker. i am sure more then one person did it. Well if it were me i would post up the report just to get this one over with man. Not because i don't belive you I do but lets lay this one to rest! and get your credibility back.
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #72
laidout69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
lets see it was in the driveway "layin frame" so they brought a jack and tools took out the bags with thier hand tools disconnected the fuel cell (with fuel) but cut the lines when they already had wrenches at hand removed all the parts tools and jack nobody heard nuttin
then the miraculous recovery the next day of the parts/ the next nite hes under it again , did he have his jack again??? and the ratteling cans and gunpoint confrontation

WHAT'S NOT TO BELIEVE

i don't believe in the toothfairy but will believe him if he posts the copies of the police report

ok let me get more detail into this i did not lay it out when my stuff got stolen.but i have a over night leak so when the next moring i saw it laid out i wasnt too suprised. thats why i had no clue of it stolen untill i tryed to lift it up. and the fuel cell wasn a bolt in 1. only tied down with straps. so yea it was possible only tools u need to take bag off is a 9/16 socket or wench. and to take valves off. just a phillips srewdriver. and wire cutters. thats it.

Last edited by laidout69; 10-18-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:40 AM   #73
junkyardjohn

I'D POST A COPY OF THE POLICE REPORT, JUST TO PROVE THAT I WASN'T BULLSH!TING ANYONE IF IT WAS ME. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #74
roughedup72

Nothing quite like those good ole cans.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #75
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidout69 View Post

ok let me get more detail into this i did not lay it out when my stuff got stolen.but i have a over night leak so when the next moring i saw it laid out i wasnt too suprised. thats why i had no clue of it stolen untill i tryed to lift it up. and the fuel cell wasn a bolt in 1. only tied down with straps. so yea it was possible only tools u need to take bag off is a 9/16 socket or wench. and to take valves off. just a phillips srewdriver. and wire cutters. thats it.
So if it was NOT "laid out" when the bags were stolen, how the heck did they get the bags out from under it?

Owning a bagged vehicle myself, I am quite aware of the principles and operations of an air bag system.

Let's think about this for a minute. Once the bags are removed, then the truck drops. You have already said it was "laid out" when you got in it the next morning, so that tells us that they didn't block it up with anything ... so explain to us mere mortals how they got the INFLATED bags our from under the truck without it falling on them.

And please don't BS us and tell us that they delfated the bags first, because if so, there would be no way for them to get under the truck to get the bags out. The bed would be low enough that would not allow a person to get under there to get them out.
Closed Thread