The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #51
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Riveted1's Avatar

Location: Gilbert, AZ
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

I had a few minutes one day, and looked all over Chip Foose's site and the Overhaulin page for the link to nominate someone. Never did find it.
__________________
I'm a little and a lot
Ground beef: A cow with no legs.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #52
mahanian
C10 addict

mahanian's Avatar

Location: Arizona
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

http://www.chipfoose.com/OverhaulinApplication/
__________________
Jared

67 C10 CST Short Fleet Big Window
65 C10 Custom Short Fleet Big Window
67 Camaro RS
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #53
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

67_C-30's Avatar

Location: Sweet Home Alabama!
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
Hey, guys... before Dawn comes on here... maybe we should consider submitting her story to overhaulin? Or better yet, if possible we have enough talent here to do it ourselves?
That would be so cool!
__________________
'67 C-30 Dually Pickup 6.2 Turbo Diesel, NP435
‘72 C-10 SWB , 350 4bbl, TH350
'69 C-10 SWB , 250 L6, 3 OTT
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #54
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Riveted1's Avatar

Location: Gilbert, AZ
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post
Wow I must be blind!
__________________

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #55
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

68GMC454's Avatar

Location: Tooele, Utah
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

i hope you guys can help her ot.. i know if i had th emoney id buy all of her trucks.... hope she can save them...
__________________
honestly honey,,i have no idea how that truck got here.
68GMC454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #56
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

68GMC454's Avatar

Location: Tooele, Utah
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

oh the vechicles must be running to submit an application.. told my ol lady about it litle did i know she was gonna fill out an application... hmmm they said run, didnt say how good it had to run.. lol a little rod knock shouldnt keep it out of the running..lol
__________________
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #57
GREASEMONKEY72
Registered User

GREASEMONKEY72's Avatar

Location: Bakersfield,CA
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

i hope she gets the issues worked out and makes on here
__________________
-steven
Alte Seele S.S.

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #58
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of VA
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

From the auction description it sounds like two of them would run with very little work. Dumb question I know, but I assume overhaulin is a TV show?
__________________
Bill US Army Vet -193rd Infantry
BlueRidgeMuscleCars.com

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #59
lowriden58
Registered User

lowriden58's Avatar

Location: Chesapeake Beach, MD
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
From the auction description it sounds like two of them would run with very little work. Dumb question I know, but I assume overhaulin is a TV show?
yup sure is. you ever heard of Chip Foose??
__________________
71 cheyenne lwb 300rwhp
best 1/4 time so far 12.8 @103

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #60
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Riveted1's Avatar

Location: Gilbert, AZ
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

You know if someone submits her, and she comes on here and reads this, it won't be much of a surprise!
__________________

Old 07-29-2008, 03:51 AM   #61
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of VA
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
You know if someone submits her, and she comes on here and reads this, it won't be much of a surprise!
actually maybe it will be. I just got this last night from her daughters.
Can someone fill out the application? I'm not familliar with that show at all. I guess I need to start watching it, but I'd never heard of it. I'd say if whoever fills it out needs her address and other stuff, you could email Tiffany & Becky at the email below to get that. This way it would still be a suprise.
Here's Dawn's daughters' note:

Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #62
70cstjr
Registered User

70cstjr's Avatar

Location: laura, ohio
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

man i dont know how i kept overlooking this thread, deff need some rep points, its a great thing that that you are doing for her
__________________
PROJECT CIRCUIT RIDER
70cstjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #63
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Riveted1's Avatar

Location: Gilbert, AZ
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Personally, 63 & 64, I think you should be the one to fill out the application since you've had some contact w/her. Or should we all get the info and fill it out? LOL Flood their inbox with applications for Dawn. Ok, maybe a bad idea, they might get pissed.

But I would definitely add a link to this thread in the application. Might show em how many people want her to get on the show.
__________________

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #64
jrb71c20
Registered User

jrb71c20's Avatar

Location: Claremore, OK
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Wow, I'm a few days behind...I'm just now reading this...This place is awesome
__________________
93 Sonoma 2.8/5spd
75 Malibu Classic 350/350

If it don't have round headlights and a carb, I don't trust it!
jrb71c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #65
Redneck-Mafia
Registered User

Location: SoCal
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Just my .02 cents.
I agree we ahould all fill out app's and try to get her in. Let them get pissed, it shows a lot more people care for this lady than the average owner.

On the show they recently went to the SF area and restored a car for a kid that had lost his dad and it didn't even have an engine in the bay! So that throws the "must be running" theory out the window.

I have noticed that this season to get on the show you pretty much have to have lost someone in your life. My wife finally told me she submitted me after almost losing me to an illness and when I was recovering I was out in the driveway sanding the truck in my wheelchair! Still didn't get us picked apparently.
It's a very different show now. More ads and props than restoration and car guy stuff.

Keep us all posted on what we are collectively planning on doing.

Thanks guys
__________________
Dave in Socal

69 Chevy C10
42 BSA WM20
47 Harley WL
Redneck-Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #66
Brock
upgrading to an older model

Brock's Avatar

Location: Sacramento, KY
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Just an idea...but what about that extreme home makeover show. It sounds like she needs more than just a truck and they might want to add restoring an old truck along with the house as an added twist to the show. No sense in putting all the eggs in the overhaulin' basket. I think there are a couple of different shows that might be interested in this one.
__________________
68 stepside, short-box, multi-colored (for now)
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #67
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

tdave00's Avatar

Location: Nashville, TN
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Hey guys there is a guy named Lou that has a build thread in the 73-87 threads. He was on some show sorta like overhaulin. Someone should contact him and let him know about this situation. He might have some pull. There is also that show Trucks!, which is filmed (I believe) here in the middle tennessee area. She's only 3-4 hours from here. We might contact someone from that show and see if they would do something. Thoughts??
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #68
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

tdave00's Avatar

Location: Nashville, TN
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #69
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of VA
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
Personally, 63 & 64, I think you should be the one to fill out the application since you've had some contact w/her. Or should we all get the info and fill it out? LOL Flood their inbox with applications for Dawn. Ok, maybe a bad idea, they might get pissed.

But I would definitely add a link to this thread in the application. Might show em how many people want her to get on the show.
No problem. I took a look at the application and there's six items that I don't know the answer to. So, I sent her daughters an email asking for the answers, that way it'll still be a surprise. When I get a response back, I'll post all the info here or maybe just post a copy of the application, so that anyone else who wants to send one in can do so.
__________________

Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #70
1bad chevy
Registered User

1bad chevy's Avatar

Location: POWNAL VERMONT
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

i hope they pick up on this and do something for her it would be cool as a double show extreme home make over/overhaulin get her home and ride done all at once
__________________
1972 c-20 chevy 500 caddy/4.10posi / 1972 3/4 ton gmc 350 4x4/4.10posi front&rear
1bad chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #71
1bad chevy
Registered User

1bad chevy's Avatar

Location: POWNAL VERMONT
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

i just sent an e-mail to chip foose with a link to the story here's the email / hey guy's my name is albert brown and i belong to a website for chevy truck's and we have a story on there about a lady who has lost her husband and need's some help here is a link to the story in the forum's section please if at all possible help her out she really need's this thanks and my screen name is 1bad chevy and thanks again http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883
__________________
1972 c-20 chevy 500 caddy/4.10posi / 1972 3/4 ton gmc 350 4x4/4.10posi front&rear

Last edited by 1bad chevy; 07-30-2008 at 08:16 AM.
1bad chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #72
1bad chevy
Registered User

1bad chevy's Avatar

Location: POWNAL VERMONT
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

here is a reply i recieved with other e-mail addresses / Thank for contacting ChipFoose.com. Due to the overwhelming volume of e-mails that we receive, you may go to the following areas to further assist you with your questions.

Both general and specific inquiries regarding Foose wheels can be directed to: www.mhtwheels.com.

Questions regarding the Overhaulin' application and getting on the show please visit: http://www.chipfoose.com/OverhaulinApplication/

For inquiries about placing an order, checking the status of an order, or problems with an order, please contact: customerservice@chipfoose.com.

All other questions regarding Chip Foose, paint schemes, general car questions, or advice for your car will attempt to be answered the order received.

Once again, we thank you for contacting Chipfoose.com
__________________
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #73
chrislehr
Engine n00b

chrislehr's Avatar

Location: Austin
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
You know if someone submits her, and she comes on here and reads this, it won't be much of a surprise!
delete is a powerful function
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #74
chrislehr
Engine n00b

chrislehr's Avatar

Location: Austin
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad chevy View Post
i just sent an e-mail to chip foose with a link to the story here's the email / hey guy's my name is albert brown and i belong to a website for chevy truck's and we have a story on there about a lady who has lost her husband and need's some help here is a link to the story in the forum's section please if at all possible help her out she really need's this thanks and my screen name is 1bad chevy and thanks again http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883
well, its a start. ANyone do the application yet? If not, I will gladly, but need more contact info. 67/68 PM me?
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #75
Rodms
Registered User

Rodms's Avatar

Location: Olive Branch,Mississippi
Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

What a story ,I hope someone will help out,Man I'm 46 you never know,Post up news when you hear it GOOD JOB!
Rodms is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks