The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #51
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Re: Ebay - Chevy truck widower selling their whole lot

I had a few minutes one day, and looked all over Chip Foose's site and the Overhaulin page for the link to nominate someone. Never did find it.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #52
mahanian
C10 addict

http://www.chipfoose.com/OverhaulinApplication/

67 C10 CST Short Fleet Big Window
65 C10 Custom Short Fleet Big Window
67 Camaro RS
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #53
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
Hey, guys... before Dawn comes on here... maybe we should consider submitting her story to overhaulin? Or better yet, if possible we have enough talent here to do it ourselves?
That would be so cool!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #54
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanian View Post
Wow I must be blind!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #55
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

i hope you guys can help her ot.. i know if i had th emoney id buy all of her trucks.... hope she can save them...
Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #56
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

oh the vechicles must be running to submit an application.. told my ol lady about it litle did i know she was gonna fill out an application... hmmm they said run, didnt say how good it had to run.. lol a little rod knock shouldnt keep it out of the running..lol
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #57
GREASEMONKEY72

i hope she gets the issues worked out and makes on here

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #58
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

From the auction description it sounds like two of them would run with very little work. Dumb question I know, but I assume overhaulin is a TV show?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #59
lowriden58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
From the auction description it sounds like two of them would run with very little work. Dumb question I know, but I assume overhaulin is a TV show?
yup sure is. you ever heard of Chip Foose??

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #60
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

You know if someone submits her, and she comes on here and reads this, it won't be much of a surprise!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 07-29-2008, 03:51 AM   #61
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
You know if someone submits her, and she comes on here and reads this, it won't be much of a surprise!
actually maybe it will be. I just got this last night from her daughters.
Can someone fill out the application? I'm not familliar with that show at all. I guess I need to start watching it, but I'd never heard of it. I'd say if whoever fills it out needs her address and other stuff, you could email Tiffany & Becky at the email below to get that. This way it would still be a suprise.
Here's Dawn's daughters' note:

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: zippydodog@msn.com
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:10:22 PM
Subject: Dawns Trucks

Dear Zippy dodog, Hi. My name is Tiffany and my sisters name is Becky. Our mom, Dawn had the trucks on auction. Our grandma lives with mom cause she is disabled and mom takes care of her. The thing is that she took grandma to Georgia today so she could visit her sister and they should be back tomorow afternoon. She told us that there was some awesome people on a chevy truck website that were willing to help her figure out the best way to sell her trucks and all the parts she has but she was havin trouble joining. She said yall were talking about her problem and she asked if we could come by and fix everything cause she wants to be able to talk with everyone. Well we waited for her to leave so that we could go ahead and read all her incomin and outgoin e-mails cause shes been crying alot since the auction and even tho she says its good crying, we were worried and didnt want her to fall for somethin bad on the internet and get hurt cause she probly couldnt take much more you know? Well after reading the emails you sent we want to tell you what a special person you are to reach out and help a perfect stranger like you have done. Then we found the pages about her on the website and we basically fell apart. Mom hasnt seen them cause she thinks you have to be a member and log in before you can search for them.. Yall dont know how it makes us feel to read such nice comments about our mom from people all across America and even Canada. We just dont have words to explain how we feel. Please know that we thank all of you with all our hearts!! We think it might be a good idea if we stall her from registering for a while cause if she reads the part about overhaulin and the things yall wrote about the love she had for our dad were afraid she might think shes causin yall too much trouble and back off a little. Thats the way she is. Shes pretty shy about people wanting to help her. Overhaulin was one of mom and dads favorite shows and we thought about nominating her also but we didnt have a computer till recently and didnt know how to do it. Even tho theres not much chance the show would accept her we wanted to let yall know that she has a 5th truck in the garage that she would never even think of selling. Its a 1967 chevy short bed. My dad called it ol girl. Their plans were to fix up and sell the other 4 and use the money to restore it. Thats what she was still gonna try to do but she had to buy a better mobile home for her and my grandma and she has to sell the 4 trucks and motors so she can have it moved here. Shes saving some by tearing down an older trailer that was on the spot the newer one nneeds to be set on. Shes doing it every night by hand and scrapping it. She said shes still gonna restore ol girl tho.It doesnt run or have a bed on it but my dad put a motor in it that has some new parts on it so it might not be to hard to get it running. Really the bottom line for us is that even if the only thing that comes out of this is that she meets all you awesome people and yall can help take some stress off her by showing her a way to get a fair price for her trucks, then that would mean more to us than a hundred new trucks! Mom shares her computer with us but we created this email address just to write to you . We thank you all very much and look forward to hearing from you. shultz.tiffany@yahoo.com
Tiffany and Becky

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #62
70cstjr

man i dont know how i kept overlooking this thread, deff need some rep points, its a great thing that that you are doing for her
Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #63
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Personally, 63 & 64, I think you should be the one to fill out the application since you've had some contact w/her. Or should we all get the info and fill it out? LOL Flood their inbox with applications for Dawn. Ok, maybe a bad idea, they might get pissed.

But I would definitely add a link to this thread in the application. Might show em how many people want her to get on the show.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #64
jrb71c20

Wow, I'm a few days behind...I'm just now reading this...This place is awesome

If it don't have round headlights and a carb, I don't trust it!
jrb71c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #65
Redneck-Mafia

Just my .02 cents.
I agree we ahould all fill out app's and try to get her in. Let them get pissed, it shows a lot more people care for this lady than the average owner.

On the show they recently went to the SF area and restored a car for a kid that had lost his dad and it didn't even have an engine in the bay! So that throws the "must be running" theory out the window.

I have noticed that this season to get on the show you pretty much have to have lost someone in your life. My wife finally told me she submitted me after almost losing me to an illness and when I was recovering I was out in the driveway sanding the truck in my wheelchair! Still didn't get us picked apparently.
It's a very different show now. More ads and props than restoration and car guy stuff.

Keep us all posted on what we are collectively planning on doing.

Thanks guys

69 Chevy C10
42 BSA WM20
47 Harley WL
Redneck-Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #66
Brock
upgrading to an older model

Just an idea...but what about that extreme home makeover show. It sounds like she needs more than just a truck and they might want to add restoring an old truck along with the house as an added twist to the show. No sense in putting all the eggs in the overhaulin' basket. I think there are a couple of different shows that might be interested in this one.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #67
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Hey guys there is a guy named Lou that has a build thread in the 73-87 threads. He was on some show sorta like overhaulin. Someone should contact him and let him know about this situation. He might have some pull. There is also that show Trucks!, which is filmed (I believe) here in the middle tennessee area. She's only 3-4 hours from here. We might contact someone from that show and see if they would do something. Thoughts??
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #68
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Just an idea...but what about that extreme home makeover show. It sounds like she needs more than just a truck and they might want to add restoring an old truck along with the house as an added twist to the show. No sense in putting all the eggs in the overhaulin' basket. I think there are a couple of different shows that might be interested in this one.
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #69
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Personally, 63 & 64, I think you should be the one to fill out the application since you've had some contact w/her. Or should we all get the info and fill it out? LOL Flood their inbox with applications for Dawn. Ok, maybe a bad idea, they might get pissed.

But I would definitely add a link to this thread in the application. Might show em how many people want her to get on the show.
No problem. I took a look at the application and there's six items that I don't know the answer to. So, I sent her daughters an email asking for the answers, that way it'll still be a surprise. When I get a response back, I'll post all the info here or maybe just post a copy of the application, so that anyone else who wants to send one in can do so.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #70
1bad chevy

i hope they pick up on this and do something for her it would be cool as a double show extreme home make over/overhaulin get her home and ride done all at once
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #71
1bad chevy

i just sent an e-mail to chip foose with a link to the story here's the email / hey guy's my name is albert brown and i belong to a website for chevy truck's and we have a story on there about a lady who has lost her husband and need's some help here is a link to the story in the forum's section please if at all possible help her out she really need's this thanks and my screen name is 1bad chevy and thanks again http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883

Last edited by 1bad chevy; 07-30-2008 at 08:16 AM.
1bad chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #72
1bad chevy

here is a reply i recieved with other e-mail addresses / Thank for contacting ChipFoose.com. Due to the overwhelming volume of e-mails that we receive, you may go to the following areas to further assist you with your questions.

Both general and specific inquiries regarding Foose wheels can be directed to: www.mhtwheels.com.

Questions regarding the Overhaulin' application and getting on the show please visit: http://www.chipfoose.com/OverhaulinApplication/

For inquiries about placing an order, checking the status of an order, or problems with an order, please contact: customerservice@chipfoose.com.

All other questions regarding Chip Foose, paint schemes, general car questions, or advice for your car will attempt to be answered the order received.

Once again, we thank you for contacting Chipfoose.com
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #73
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Quote:
delete is a powerful function
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #74
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad chevy View Post
i just sent an e-mail to chip foose with a link to the story here's the email / hey guy's my name is albert brown and i belong to a website for chevy truck's and we have a story on there about a lady who has lost her husband and need's some help here is a link to the story in the forum's section please if at all possible help her out she really need's this thanks and my screen name is 1bad chevy and thanks again http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298883
well, its a start. ANyone do the application yet? If not, I will gladly, but need more contact info. 67/68 PM me?
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #75
Rodms

What a story ,I hope someone will help out,Man I'm 46 you never know,Post up news when you hear it GOOD JOB!
Rodms is offline   Reply With Quote