The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #51
low'n slow
Too Dumb To Know Better

Re: When is enough, enough?

Glad to see you back on the board. I was just wondering the other day what had happened to you.

By the way, I don't see a problem with your collection.
low'n slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #52
hotrodchevy1999
Hotrodchevy

wow do u have any burban parts u want to sell
1971 CHEVY C10 Stepside Project 71 cluncker http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ferrerid=89816

My Build Second Chance Suburban (SCS)http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424650
hotrodchevy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #53
68C10HotRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by qksilver View Post
.... But I can tell you where any part is..............!

Steve
LOL!! In THAT case, I would LOVE to have a Power Steering bracket for a 292. These things are almost impossible to find, so if you have one..... I would even pay for shipping to & from just to have one for a week to make templates to create a copy. I'm not a total stickler for OEM, I just want PS on my 292. Any interest, LMK cuz I'm SERIOUS.

BTW, that is one awesome collection. I wish I was next door to you cuz it would be a blast helping you get things torn down, pictured, listed up & shipped out to help others. Agree with some of the other comments, sell & have a great time meeting the others like you did when acquiring the stuff. Good luck with all of it!!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #54
qksilver

Lol, how about a complete 67 292 a/c,p/s and alternator set up! I have thought of doing the same thing.....buried, check back!

Steve
qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #55
05crewcab

I agree with the board meet/sale. We'd have you cleaned out in a HURRY! If you plan it far enough in advance I'd drive down from Minnesota for sure.

BTW, this pic is great. You've got a mountain of parts and countless trucks in a shop 9 miles away from your wife, a computer, and whiskey...what more could a man ever want??!!

you are one of my heros dude
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #56
greenbox

let me know if you want to sell some chrome bumpers...
greenbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #57
Ed 72 Sierra Grande

insane collection. There has to be a coule hundred years of fun in that collection.
402 bb / Camper
Stock, Loaded, Straight & Aged Nicely, No Tilt
Original Resto would be nice $
Ed 72 Sierra Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #58
swamp rat

Quote:
"I have decided to decide what to do, maybe" "Any suggestions, no way I can put all of these back on the road and I work by myself."

Thanks,
Steve
I would ask myself if i could ever use it all and do all them parts justice. (Looks like you answered your own question, the answer is no)

Then i would ask myself if i could use some money now or should i just sit on it all and maybe get around to using it or selling it.... someday.... (???????)

Right now it looks like you have so much stuff in your collection you don't have an open bay to work with for any project, do you need room to work??? Is it impossible to accomplish a task without haveing to first move about 20 items just to make room? ( Possibly eh?)

And lastly think of the sense of pride you'll gain by knowing you helped countless people by helping them find that special part for their project. (Priceless!!)

I think the choice is clear you need to help tho's in need and in turn you are also helping yourself! I would pick the top 3 projects and keep only the parts you need for them, then start selling stuff to tho's that need it, in 10 years your still going to have a collection but your making some money in the process, thats money your wife dosen't know you have too!!!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #59
68C10HotRod

Quote:
Lol, how about a complete 67 292 a/c,p/s and alternator set up! I have thought of doing the same thing.....buried, check back!

Steve
It's probably a good thing I don't live close Steve cuz I'd be over to load that complete 292 & probably be sleeping in my OWN garage for a while.

I'm pretty impressed you have such a major stash so close to your wife & she really doesn't know about it. I keep my car/truck stuff on the sly a bit to but to a MUCH smaller scale - 2 car garage & 1 car storage unit.

I agree with 05crewcab, sounds like you're set!!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #60
packrat42

I'm 27 and when I grow up I want to be just like you. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

...............................____
.................________-|___\____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|
Old 11-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #61
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat42 View Post
I'm 27 and when I grow up I want to be just like you. That's the stuff dreams are made of.
YA what PACKRAT said !!
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #62
longhorn396
S.D.M.F.

How much for one of them edelbrock carbs u got sitting around in a couple pics above?
2006 Kawasaki ZX-14r drag bike-best e.t. 9.4@145 mph without nitrous
1971 BSA Thunderbolt 650cc

Last edited by longhorn396; 11-19-2010 at 10:42 AM.
longhorn396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #63
qksilver

Thanks for the comments, I am going to the shop today. I am going to start slow......sell the 73-up stuff first. I am going to take pictures and post tonight a few things.
A couple of the trucks in the shop are special to me. That's why they are in the shop, not outside or a buddies.
The trucks in the first set of pictures:
ccvc blazer is sold pending payment-good friend
jeep i am going to post on the jeep board, a/c,p/s,4speed, manual front hubs, swapped in 304, 72,000 miles
The 80 something swb is sold and gone as is the white truck to the same guy, he was suprized when i called him last night.
The wrecked 86 3/4 will be listed for parts soon.

The wreckers my brother-in-law owns a towing company in Laurinburg wants them.

A start............parrts posting to follow

I am thinking of keeping the 67 swb 4x4 292.........
the 72 longhorn, 68 4x4 burb and the 57.

Again thanks for helping form a plan, everything is paid for and doesn't eat plus rent isn't bad and i have time so will start slow.

And yes it would be nice to work inside again....even though my outside spots have concrete

Steve
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #64
nyncompute

Some times it's good to simplify. I like this truck stuff, but like a lot of things, it feels like its in charge of you after awhile. You should own possessions not the other way around.
Sometimes I hold onto things for a long time thinking I'll use it for something (or regret it if I toss it). Then after I sh** can it, I never think of it again.
Good for you on cleaning house!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #65
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, I am going to the shop today. I am going to start slow......sell the 73-up stuff first. I am going to take pictures and post tonight a few things.
A couple of the trucks in the shop are special to me. That's why they are in the shop, not outside or a buddies.
The trucks in the first set of pictures:
ccvc blazer is sold pending payment-good friend
jeep i am going to post on the jeep board, a/c,p/s,4speed, manual front hubs, swapped in 304, 72,000 miles
The 80 something swb is sold and gone as is the white truck to the same guy, he was suprized when i called him last night.
The wrecked 86 3/4 will be listed for parts soon.

The wreckers my brother-in-law owns a towing company in Laurinburg wants them.

A start............parrts posting to follow

I am thinking of keeping the 67 swb 4x4 292.........
the 72 longhorn, 68 4x4 burb and the 57.

Again thanks for helping form a plan, everything is paid for and doesn't eat plus rent isn't bad and i have time so will start slow.

And yes it would be nice to work inside again....even though my outside spots have concrete

Steve
Sounds like a good plan.....

If its worth $$$ put it in one pile/area of the garage and get it cleaned up and listed for sale.

If your keeping it put it in another area with the cars/trucks your holding on to.

Start small and if its not worth anything and cluttering the area make a dump run and get rid of it. You seriously have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of stuff there. Once you consolidate you could build 3 cars and take your wife on a vacation
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #66
rcrahn

Wow, I think you have a serious addiction.
Some cool parts there no doubt. What's the point of hoarding if they are not going to be used?
Nice building too, I would absolutely kill to have something that large to work in. Here is Cali you have to be out in the country to have something that big. Sadly it seems your building has gone from being a shop to being a storage facility that you cannot do any work in. That would drive me nuts.

I think you are on the right track to start selling off most of this...
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #67
sheldon

Look forward to seeing how this turns out. Im all the way in Texas but the wife said we could drive up with out a problem. Just please PLEASE PLEASE Plan it ahead if you wind up doing the Meet/ Garage style sell. if not i can always beg one of the in-laws to come pick something up for me. Good Luck with it what ever you do, and thank you for sharing what has taken a lot of your time and effort to gain.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #68
cpisani70@aol.com

That stuff is so hard to look at as a long time truck guy I would want it all!! But seriously I would make the trip to NC in a minute with the opportunity to purchase a solid truck.Here in CT it is Soo rusted IF you can find it 20 yrs ago I drove to SC to buy a cab for my 68. Now i cant find anythung decent and I wont buy it done the pride and reward of building it are what is important to me If I never get the chance to buy from you that will be too bad but thanx for sharing the pics and keeping the hope alive for those of us that love these old chevys that we just might find one
cpisani70@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #69
qksilver

My grandfather in his wisdom told me if you are looking for anything used to keep buy it west of the Mississippi..........and pretty much all my complete trucks I went and brought back from Arizona, New Mexico and California. One exception is one I bought from Burnsman and he got it out of Nevada.

Steve
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #70
swamp rat

Quote:
My grandfather in his wisdom told me if you are looking for anything used to keep buy it west of the Mississippi..........and pretty much all my complete trucks I went and brought back from Arizona, New Mexico and California. One exception is one I bought from Burnsman and he got it out of Nevada.

Steve

Your grandfather has never been to the Northwest region of Puget Sound washington, you know, the rainy state!!

OK, thats Northwest of the mississippi ..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 11-20-2010 at 10:33 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #71
turner16

You sick bastard, I love you.

I love the wife part too, I restored my 1971 over 6 years, told the princess that it cost around 600 bucks all in, cost of just the parts was 13k. I have 6 vehicles, she thinks I have 3.
She just wouldn't understand.
turner16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #72
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Wow that is an awesome collection..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #73
AustinScott

MAN! if half that time, money & effort went into a single project... you would have one SWEET truck.

I say focus on the Babies in the garage, and let all the other stuff fund the effort!
You are in the perfect position to turn parts into a few finished projects!

I could only hope I end up in your shoes one day... with the exception of not allowing my self to get that deep without a completed project or two!

Scott

Last edited by AustinScott; 11-21-2010 at 12:12 AM.
AustinScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #74
shade67

There comes a point in a collector's mind when he has enough- too much to handle/ spend his/ her productive time on. The quest for a better part to build with comsumes your time and you just can't see parting with what you have! been there done that!
I couldn't believe the feeling of relief when I sold some of my parts to another guy in the area! He was more than happy to have them and I had more room to work and a little more money to work with! it was a win- win situation!
Oh and the jack-off neighbor down the street who was tring to sell his house and the cops quit humping my leg about my "junkers"!
72 chevy K10 swb
01 GMC Sierra
01 Pontiac Bonneville
shade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #75
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Dont say you dont have any money, I see your money right there. Thats why this stuff is so hard to find, we've got 20-30 guys across the country that have it all hidden! You guys have made the repop companies millions. (I wish it was me, though) :-)
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote