The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Hellion Customs

Hellion Customs 1964 Blazer

Well like most of us, I too have a little bit of ADD when it comes to projects, so it looks like I will be building 2 "shop trucks" simultaneously. So bare with me these will be sorta slow but steady builds.

This one is a 1964 Chevy panel truck. Some time in its life someone thought it would be a good idea to cut Suburban like window holes in the sides. So I figure since I got this truck for free and other than the large holes in the sides and a damaged quarter the truck is in decent shape ( for being from FL) I might as well have some fun with it and build a Blazer.

So the plan as of now will be a shortened body with a little out between the doors and rear wheels & a little behind the rear wheels (much like some of the 67-72 "Tahoe" builds), full Porterbuilt suspension, fully boxed chassis with custom crossmembers, 6.0L or 6.2L & 6L80E or 6L90E combo, 24" 22" wheels, custom sheetmetal firewall and floor, modded hood and opening, custom one-off grill, full metal fiberglass & composites interior, roll down a little bit quarter windows, modded liftgate, modded tailgate with roll down glass (like the 70's k5), full width taillight, flush third brake light, smoothed and tucked bumpers
ECT....

Rendering and pics up soon.
Hellion Customs is offline   Reply With Quote