The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
7T1BURB

BURB' Question(s)

We are about a month away from getting the BURB back on the road finally after 2 1/2 years of "beating and banging" on it and have two questions for all the BURB "experts".
(1) Does anyhone has a close-up picture of the 2nd (middle) seat "rear mounts" (secures bottom of seat to floor area)? My question is, " Are the mounts bolted to the wood floor (I suspect NOT) or do they mount to the forward cargo area 90 degree trim strip? 2nd seat is apart and I'm rebuilding it or elso I would place it in the BURB and I suspect my question would be answered, however, its apart in many pieces for rebuild.. this BURB did not have a 2nd seat originally as it was a Funeral Home vehicle and they needed the "room". Close-up pic of one (1) mount in detail would be great!

(2) Did all BURBS/Panels have a dust shield affixed to the rear roll pan and under the rear bumper as depicted in the Assembly Manual. I can't seem to find any holes in the rear roll pan "lip" to use for J-nuts, bolts, dust shields (there are two shown is Assembly Manual) and retainer strips (2)...might be "nit-noid" pursuit but still a nagging question. All help appreciated!!
Placed on this board (as opposed to the BURB Board) for maximum exposure.
THANKS!!!....7T1BURB
7T1BURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

1) they mount just behind the metal edge strip, on the wood floor. Sorry, I don't have pictures.

2)There are no dust shields attatched to the rear bumper on a burb. At least there have not been any on the 10+ burbs I have owned.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #3
sub4rvr

I just happened to have the sub in the garage putting on some weatherstripping, so I grabbed a couple of shots for ya.
Attached Images

67 Mustang (2)
69 Torino GT
00 Mustang GT Conv.
sub4rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
7T1BURB

Thanks !!!....

...for the info and pics you gents sent. Reinstallation appears to be no huge task and now than I understand where the rear seat mounts go..it'll be a "cake shot"...(knowing my "talents" though, I ought to save the "cake shot" installation comments until AFTER I get it installed!!!)
I've never seen any rear dust shields on a BURB or Panel but was curious as to Assy Manual depictions.......no dust shields going on this Burb anyway!!

Once Again....THANK YOU for your help!
7T1BURB
Old 06-19-2004, 06:14 AM   #5
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

7T1Burb,

Good question on ht dust shield. I had wondered about that one myself as the assembly manual plainly shows a shield!

My son's Burb does not have carpeting in it so if you need a pic of the mounts in the floor, let me know.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
7T1BURB

Jim......

sincerely appreciate the offer on additional pics. If I run into any trouble you can bet I'll holler....not to go on and on about assy manual depictions,but.....I have seen many Burbs with the "clamshell securing clamps/cleats" (the securing fixtures that secure the "legs of the rear seat" to the floor) with the securing bolt heads of these "clamps" most often facing OUTBOARD ....yet the Assy Manual clearly shows the securing bolts INBOARD on each side....who knows??..I'm gonna' try them both ways (inboard and outboard) and I supect that it may not make a great deal of difference. Trying to accurately and correctly depict a 30+ year old vehicle is a large part of this "passion" we all share.

Thanks again!!!.....Jack