The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Recv'd my Roddoors order on Sat...

Saturday when I came home from work I arrived to a giant box from Roddoors...I received my rear cab panel and speaker kick panels.

Just for fun I partially test fit them to see how they fit and what they looked like.

The first three pics are of the cab panel. It is a three piece system that you are supposed to glue together and have upholstered. The two end pieces will need to have the "extensions" trimmed (these are the pieces that slide into the channel on the rear piece) prior to gluing in order for the assembly to fit correctly inside the back of the cab lip. Other than that, it fit great and is very sturdy...sturdy enough for someone to mount 6X9's in the corner pieces. It also provides a blank canvas for you bucket seat truck owners to put some kind of design on the panel prior to upholstery.

The speaker kick panels also fit very well and are equally as sturdy. They are exactly the same shape as my stock panels, and after mocking them up with the upper panel, they will only need slight trimming to make them fit perfect. The first pic shows my stock panel on top of the speaker panel...just showing how exact in size they are.

I know there were a lot of questions from interested parties, so this is why I am posting this. I am very happy with my purchase and can't wait to get these pieces upholstered and dyed.

Thank you Chris for pulling this all together and making my purchase very easy!

*EDIT* Looks like the pics don't appear in the order you upload them (must be numerical or something), but you get the idea.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:29 AM   #2
BodyShopDropOut12
9 months

Those kick panels look pretty nice.

I got a question though. The rear cab panel, whats its main reason? Like I see you said you can mount some speakers on it, or do some stuff to it before you upholster it. But I don't know, do you need this in order to throw down some upholstery on the rear of the cab? Cause whenever I get that far, I'm gonna be putting that heat and sound sheild all around the cab, and besides the plastic headliner, I wanna put carpeting/fabric all around. Sorry to turn around your thread.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
88Jimmy4x4

I was hoping you ordered the door panels, so I could get a real-world look at them. Those panels you did get look great though.
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyShopDropOut12
Those kick panels look pretty nice.

I got a question though. The rear cab panel, whats its main reason? Like I see you said you can mount some speakers on it, or do some stuff to it before you upholster it. But I don't know, do you need this in order to throw down some upholstery on the rear of the cab? Cause whenever I get that far, I'm gonna be putting that heat and sound sheild all around the cab, and besides the plastic headliner, I wanna put carpeting/fabric all around. Sorry to turn around your thread.
Main reason I got it was I wanted a smooth and seamless rear cab area. I am running bucket seats I did not feel like having the rear ribbed area showing. You can just upholster the back of your cab, but with the ribbed area...you might not get it to look smooth back there...plus, what are you going to do when you get to the rear rounded corners of the cab? I think this look will be very nice looking...cant wait till I get that far!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #5
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Jimmy4x4
I was hoping you ordered the door panels, so I could get a real-world look at them. Those panels you did get look great though.
I am probably going to order some for everyone to see next week. I have been rather busy at my real job lately hopefully it is dying down.

Jeff,
Everything looks good, thanks for your order. I appreciate it. How about a pic of the Ebrake clearance. Is there an issue there? Roddoors said there shouldn't be.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #6
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos
Jeff,
Everything looks good, thanks for your order. I appreciate it. How about a pic of the Ebrake clearance. Is there an issue there? Roddoors said there shouldn't be.
That would require me to install the E-brake assembly then wouldn't it?

I will see what I can do (I have a busy week ahead of me..truck wise ), but it does appear the panel will clear the E-brake assembly just fine.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #7
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73
That would require me to install the E-brake assembly then wouldn't it?
Slacker! I can say that since I am one myself.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote