The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
HuggerCST

'72 swb fleet- Should I buy it?

A friend of mine has a '72 swb 2wd fleet for sale, and I can't decide what it's worth, or if I should buy it. It's pretty clean, but needs a few things. It has a fresh 350 with flat tops, 268 comp cam, edlebrock intake/carb, built with good parts, and professionally built by my brother in law, who owns a auto machine shop. The ticket for the engine was $1400. It also has a fresh th-350, & rebuilt rearend. The bed has just been line-xed, it has a newer looking 4 row radiator, and a new front bumper. The body is straight, except for the aftermarket tailgate and grill shell, has descent solid white paint, and very little rust. The only rust I saw was a bubbling spot on the lf fender, and a bubbling spot on the bed. It looked like it may have bondo in those spots. I saw no rust inside or out on the cab, but didn't look underneath. Has a plain black vinyl seat in decsent shape, and the interior was fairly clean, but had no carpet. It is pretty plain though, no guages, no A/C, no PS, or PB. It does have 15x8 polished wheels with fair 275-60s, but doesn't have a back bumper. He's asking $3000, and I feel like he may take less. What do you think? I want it, but don't need it, if you know what I mean.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote