The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Not a late April Fools Joke..Broken into last night...

Just found out about 3 hours ago. A local 73-87 guy called me up that is a buddy of mine and told me "dude....your window is broken out" The truck was up at the body shop getting some work done to it and they had to move it outside the other day and its RIGHT ON THE MAIN road like 2 feet from it in fact, under a light even. Sure enough...Passenger side wing window shattered, then they got pissed cause they reached inside to open the door with the handle that no longer exists and busted the main glass on the pass side out and shoved it into the floor.

Slammed the piss out of the door with a crowbar or something and scratched the door all up and dented it in while trying to climb in the window.

On to the other stuff. Luckily....I had removed teh sub box and subs and amplifier from behind the seat since we are going to be doing some welding back there and I didnt want it damaged or in the way so that was all gone already....but the did get my $500 head unit and my 6.5"s that were in the kick panels. Busted the hell out of the column on both sides and had it running but were obviously amatuers because all they had to do was push one spring and it would have unlocked the column. So thankfully they did not get the whole truck, just violated it severely and left me a nice mess to clean up and claim on insurance. In all it will prolly be several thousand dollars to repair with the door being jacked up and all.

The cops didnt want to fingerprint it even though there was a full 3 finger print on the top of the truck where they climbed in.

So...anyhow we moved it inside tonight and will get an estimate tomorrow on the damages total and then I get to wait to fix it since I am going through a divorce and dont want her to know about any money I am getting for repairs.

So....does anyone have a spare pass side window or vent window they wanna donate to the "Poor Dave's Truck Fund" ?

I will update ya as I hear more. Just gotta get the police report and then call insurance..luckily insurance agent is my friend.

ahh...what a wonderful ending to a freaky weekend!

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

that sucks man
it wasnt me, i promise
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i feel for ya dude

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
Russell
Professional Grade

Hmm, If I was closer, I'd send you the glass from my 76. Unfortunately, its fairly far away from me, and I have school to worry about =/
Old 04-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Damn man, that sucks. At least they didnt get the whole truck. I have been through that before. I have a spare door glass and wing window. Let me know if you cant find one locally and I'll check to see what shipping would be.

Last edited by bagged74; 04-03-2005 at 11:41 PM.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
LOHRTBT

How far is Pocola from OKC?

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #7
r0lf-
Hotwheels?

So sorry to hear about your loss! I FRICKING HATE THIEVES! Tell the cops to do their damned job and get those prints! Grrrr... with my truck shaping up recently, im quite scared of theives, even though I live in a pretty middleclass area. Not too much crime.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
How far is Pocola from OKC?
about 2.5 to 3 hours depending on what part of OKC you live in.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #9
Prerunner1982

sorry to hear that man, hang in there bud...
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #10
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Dave, why not turn it in to the shop's insurance? the truck was in their care, and should have been safe. as for the fingerprints, call someone higher up than the officer/detective that you dealt with. that is evidence, and should have been investigated. start *****in, no way you should have to pay anything out of pocket, and justice should be served.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #11
87 Shortwide

That SUCKS man. Let me look around and see if I can't dig up an extra side glass or vent window.

Project: 87 GMC shortwide, About to get a little boost
87 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #12
eagle23

I agree with FaastC10...it's the shop's nickel, not yours. That exactly why they have theat kind of insurance, and don't let them tell bs you otherwise. When a vehicle is in their possession, they're supposed to protect it and be responsible for it. Then the to-be-ex-wifey has no call on it.
eagle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #13
LOHRTBT

Well..the shop its at is a good friend of mine and I would not wanna do that to them. And it helps that my deduct. is only $100. So its not like I will really be out anything significant.

Thanks guys. It sux but looks like the truck will be nicer now and have some more new parts lol! What a pain in the butt though!

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-04-2005, 09:01 AM   #14
JustOneTruck

Dave not that it makes you feel any better . Im sorry to hear about your truck.

I also agree about the shop having to do something about the repairs.

A friend of mine says the repair places are always hit with striping either trucks or cars that are left for repair . Or the cars that are left buy tow trucks from accidents get stripped of any goodies on the car or truck . It just plain SUCKS .
JustOneTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #15
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Sorry to hear that buddy. I know that's like being violated when some one touches your truck....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #16
gn4u2c
Account Suspended

Call the police back and ***** up a storm keep going up the ranks till some ome listens if local cops will not help call the state police . these kind of ashholes will keep doing this type thing until they are caught !! Get some satisfaction and save others in the future from this kind of thing. !!! DO IT PLEASE!!!
gn4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #17
LOHRTBT

Unfortunately..the area where it happened....where I used to live..is just LOADED with crimes like this. wheels getting stolen, spare tires, stereos, hell if you all didnt hear about it like 2 months ago I got the whole drivers side of my truck Spray Painted by vandals as well as 3 other people in the neighborhood! I cleaned that up myself rather than claim it on insurance but this one is gonna cost a bit and I hate to claim it but need to. It wont raise my rates at all. Just more of a PITA than anything. But at least Its not my only driver now.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #18
Eyegore
What Hump?

Dave, sorry to here about your truck but glad they did not get the truck. Just a word of advice, watch how many hits your insurance will take. After my sons truck was stolen the insurance co. was going to drop me, my agent fought to keep us insured.
My sons newer truck is pretty close to being done and I had to tell him he needed to get his own policy, they already tried to steal it before it was done. I agree w/ rolf, I hate thieves to!
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #19
LOHRTBT

It helps that my agent is a good friend. I dont claim things most of the time when Its something minor or that I can fix myself like the spray paint thing. I havent had a claim in a long time and they said its cool. So..I guess I will claim this. I have a guy interested in purchasing the truck, so I think the time has come for me to sell it. I dont have time for it anymore and the money isnt there to play with it. I hate to do that but I cant keep having hits on my insurance for stupid idiots like this .

So once its done and fixed, Im sellin it. The guy that wants it is willing to pay me 20k so I cant go wrong there.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #20
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Well..the shop its at is a good friend of mine and I would not wanna do that to them.
If he was that good of a friend, he would not have left your truck out there.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Slonaker

Last edited by Slonaker; 04-04-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #21
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Sounds as if you have your truck in a real crappy part of the world. #1 The cops have a job to do and they are not wanting to do it. Have YOU had a run in with them in the past? #2 the Shop took the responsibility of your vehicle the day that they put it in their shop, they also own the responsibility of the damage, since they chose to push it outside and leave it there. Was it sitting on their property? By the way they pay taxes to the center of the street, so there should be some responsibility there. IF they give you grief, FIND a new body shop, because they are not reputable if they act like they have no responsibility in this matter. A good shop would have a fenced yard to store vehicles in, not to mention a camera system or even a nasty dog. My vehicles don't get left in places that I can't have control of how they are cared for, whether it be with a .45 or a locked door.

Last edited by piecesparts; 04-04-2005 at 01:43 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #22
C-10volvo

20 grand.... hmmm i think i would do the same. BUT dont think you wont miss it
For everything else: 1997 BMW M3
C-10volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #23
LOHRTBT

Well its one of those deals that I told them not to worry about it as they are doing me a huge favor on this work now, the previous work planned and work I had done on the Tahoe. They have saved me thousands. Not to mention having work done on my T/A at a huge reduction of pricing and saved me much money and did extra work for me.

I am not gonna hold them responsible for it. They had called me ahead of time and asked me if it was ok to leave it out for a day or two and so I agreed to that. I have just been really lucky with it since I owned it and until the last 6 months or so I have really had no issues with vandalisim. I have had it in MUCH worse places....its not so much rough where its at....just that in that area...the crime has gone nutz lately and the cops are fighting every night will all the damn ricer idiots racing around. So it puts lots of other things on the back burner.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #24
LOHRTBT

I know man...I will miss it...but now its like I miss it already. Hardly ever drive it anymore, especially with these gas prices its just stupid. Trying to buy a house and if I sell the truck that will help me out in more ways than just one. I can always build another truck in the future.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 04-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #25
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Dang Dave that stinks!
1987 R10 twin turbo LS