The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

rear spring hanger and gas tank saddles

I have an 86 k10 swb truck I need some gas tank saddles for it, and a spring hanger for the front of the rear spring. I know gm has some stuff still availible but does anyone know any places online or off that sale theese parts? I know lmc has the spring hanger I am pretty sure but don't know about the gas tank saddles.

See my gas tank saddles the one that bolts to the frame(driver's side single tank) is pretty good, but unlike the 2wd 76 I had it doesn't have the metal band/strap attached directly to it, yet it has another saddle like the one that bolts to the frame, on the outer side and then half way up the tank the metal band bolts to that. My metal bands are in good shape too just the saddles need changed. Since I HAVE to change the spring hanger, and the tank has to come out to do so I was looking at finding some good new ones, NOS, reproductions or aftermarkets, or someone who has some used ones in good shape. Mines rusted and the tank saddles have been welded together, seperated by rust again and wired together. The rest of the truck is in great shape just that one hanger and the outer saddles in bad shape. if someone has some or knows a place then please let me know.

You could email me at benoit454@yahoo.com if you want, pm me or reply in this post.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
benoit454
Chris

Re: rear spring hanger and gas tank saddles

Anybody I really need some help/info on this gonna have to find them soon.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 11-15-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Lightbulb Re: rear spring hanger and gas tank saddles

The only thing i can tell ya is go to your local junk yards and see if you can find a truck in one that has a good saddle mount and get it.

And order the spring hanger form LMC.

Good luck.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
benoit454
Chris

Re: rear spring hanger and gas tank saddles

NONE in the local yards already called, and checked them myself. One spring hanger in a yard, but no way of going to get it. Gong to that junkyard two times in the 86 4x4 and to another place is what made this one get so bad or as bad as it is now. So that's out of the quetion if I drove the truck there it would break probably being so rough up there and I'd have to change it in the junkyard. Cars can't get up there, and I don't have any buddys or family with a truck to use to get there.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,