The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
Kustom

blower will not stop running

The blower motor in my blazer will not turn off. Even with the truck off the blower keeps running. Just started doing it this morning. What could cause this? Thanks in advance
Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
86 GMG

Re: blower will not stop running

?????????? But My First Thing I Would Look At Would Be The Relay On The Side Of The Fiber Glass A\c Box Under The Hood Best Wishes!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Kustom

Thank you for the reply. I put a new relay on last night and that fixed the issue. Thanks again.
Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
86 GMG

great will you come fix mine now my motot dont run at all the relay i bad but still the fan dont work so in to the dash i go this weekend
Old 12-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
crawdad

Are the fan motors suppose to run on a low speed all of the time? Mine runs constantly on a low speed even when the switch is turned off. Another thing that is screwey is that the AC compressor wants to keep cutting on and off on all settings except "heat" and "vent", even in the off position. I wonder if the relay could also be causing these problems?

2012 Silverado LT 1500, 5.3, 6 speed auto
'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GMG
great will you come fix mine now my motot dont run at all the relay i bad but still the fan dont work so in to the dash i go this weekend
When mine did that it was a burned wire going to the fan. I think it was a heavy purple wire. I still don't know WHY it burned the wire, and it never popped the fuse, but disassembling and cleaning the connector fixed it.

Slonaker
Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
Are the fan motors suppose to run on a low speed all of the time? Mine runs constantly on a low speed even when the switch is turned off. Another thing that is screwey is that the AC compressor wants to keep cutting on and off on all settings except "heat" and "vent", even in the off position. I wonder if the relay could also be causing these problems?
Regarding the fan running all the time...it has been said on here before that the trucks are supposed to do that to provide ventilation to the cab. As nearly as I can tell, mine does not run all the time. I have only seen people with older trucks ask the question, so that may or may not be a factor (mine's an '86).

My compressor comes on any time I run anything except heat. Someone on here several months ago said that they fixed that problem by replacing the dash controls for the heat and a/c. I bought the controls, but have not yet replaced them. I got genuine AC Delco replacement parts from a store that carries them locally, and the whole unit was less than $50.

Slonaker
Old 12-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
86 GMG

i have checked the power wire at the switch and no power but have power to fan if i jump the orange wire to a power sorce i must have a bad connection somewhere i am going to call a buddy that works on vehicles everyday unlike me and maybe i will have heat to work monday, wont it be nice to take off the long johns
Old 12-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
TrainD5115
North Coast, baby!

My fan runs at low speed when truck is running. As far as blowing relays goes, I had trouble with my idle compensator solenoid lead grounding out by the carb and blowing the fan relay. If you have one you should check it out for same problem.
3.73's
Still running full CA smog gear!
TrainD5115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
86 GMG

thanks