The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
427tom
Account Suspended

Best place to sell 67-72 cab parts?

Two choices are obviously here and eBay.

I'm tempted to pay the $25 and post on this site, but I had some stuff for sale here years ago and there simply weren't any buyers.

Anythoughts would be welcome.

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
OhioChevy

Re: Best place to sell 67-72 cab parts?

I have only been on the board for a year and a half now and I have bought
parts from some of the board members and vendors. I have noticed that
there seems to be a lot more people coming to the board and most are looking
for parts so I would think that you may have a better chance of selling your
parts now.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
jamesi20

try not to think of the 25 bucks as just a right to sell,but a way of helping to keep this spectacular sight and it's wealth of information up and running.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
yank

Go ahead chance it........Columbus did!!!

Steve (Chitlin) Bacon

My DIY Shop http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/mpalmiter/shop/
Old 03-12-2006, 03:53 AM   #5
427tom
Account Suspended

I have to laugh!

I had an old for sale thread here - before the subscriber requirement.

Never sold the stuff, but decided to ttt the thread, then someone wanted pics, so I replied the pics. Now they've pulled the thread completely.

The decent thing would be not to crush the old listings - especially since they never sold their stuff. That's downright mean-spirited.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
70GMCer

this site alone is worth the $25.00.......

1965 Mustang
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
cdowns

you're in PA sell em at carslisle
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 03-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427tom
I have to laugh!

Never sold the stuff, but decided to ttt the thread, then someone wanted pics, so I replied the pics. Now they've pulled the thread completely.

The decent thing would be not to crush the old listings - especially since they never sold their stuff. That's downright mean-spirited.
The reason it was "crushed" is because it wouldn't be fair for you to sell your stuff for FREE while some of us pay. That's downright common sense

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
Old 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #9
BOSS
Just here to help

You bringing it TTT was just a way you were tring to get around the rules,you got caught and now your upset.It has to be kept fair for all.

Norwood Survivor
Old 03-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I thought the purpose of the rule was to keep people from hopping on the site and scamming people.I`d say four and a half years here should account for something,as well.If the thread was started before the new rule,shouldn`t it be grandfathered?Any whiners would need directing to the date of the original post.I realize it`s well worth $25 for the right to sell here and also worth it to keep this site running.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #11
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

And how many of those four and a half years have you paid? Running this place costs a lot of money, and that $25 pays part of the expenses.

We've been leaving the older for sale posts open, some guys go back through them looking for parts and we wanted them to be able to respond. But if you start using the older threads to sell parts without paying, the threads will be locked, edited and/or deleted. Not try to be hard-nosed about it, just trying to make it fair for all involved.

We want you to stick around, but if you want to sell you need to pay.

Subscribe here

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #12
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I`d say four and a half years here should account for something
with only 44 post's including this one, say's/means their not around here very much.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Quote:
Two choices are obviously here and eBay.

I'm tempted to pay the $25 and post on this site, but I had some stuff for sale here years ago and there simply weren't any buyers.

Anythoughts would be welcome.

Thanks
Tom
As you can see from my member information I'm new. So Maybe I would feel different If I was here from the start but We'll never know. I'll try to address both posts here without making anyone mad. I understand that once you've had something for free it's hard to start paying for the same thing. Same with seeing something on sale and going back a week later and it's regular price. The regular price is fair, but I could have got it $5 cheaper last week. This resentment of paying pops up from time to time and I just don't get it. This site started out as just a way of sharing information between a few friends. And now it is a big thing that requires time and money to keep it going. Small and free or world wide and $25 a year. This site is viewed all over the world if I understand it right. So that means you can list your for sale items (as many as you have) and have exposure to buyers everywhere for $25 a year. One yard sale ad in a local paper will cost that much to run 2 or 3 days. Moving on, the amount of information that is right here in one place is priceless. Yes I now you can use search engines and find out just about anything. But the expert that is quoting chapter and verse may have never had something land in his chest because he has never did it, just knows how it should work. The entertainment value is over the top as well. I have never met a single one of the members here but feel like I've known some for a life time. Happy moments we laugh and joke about. Sad we cry, send words of support, and pray. Any one of the above is worth the price of admission but put it all together and it's money well spent. I know we still have a few wrinkles to iron out but as anything that has growth, with it comes issues to work out. The opinions expressed here are just an old man that has found a new toy. I'm happy to pay the price.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Old 03-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
kndall

Not to step on anyones toes, but I do not mind paying the 7 cents a day to use this wonderful site. I wish I had found it when it first started rather than just a little over a year ago. If I had maybe I would actually be driving my truck by now instead of still gathering parts.
The $25 is money WELL spent just for the info and knowledge of all the members available, and if I want to I can sell some left overs instead of hoarding everything up or possibly pitching it in a dumpster somewhere.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #15
rkarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesi20
try not to think of the 25 bucks as just a right to sell,but a way of helping to keep this spectacular sight and it's wealth of information up and running.

I don't know if I'll EVER sell anything on this site... I've bought a few things from some members without incident...

I payed $25 just to help keep the site running... I hate pop-ups and scammers!

In the short time I've been here, I've learned more than I could ever pay for, so it's my position that the $25. is not only reasonable but cheap...

Just wondering... If you have a bunch of parts for sale.... How long do you think it'd take for the small but many ebay fees would add up to $25.00??

There's my $25.02...
Shortened frame for SWB, ECE 4-6 drop. ECE SS tank. All new ECE suspension. Rebuilt 12 bolt 3:73 with Eaton Posi. Front and rear disc brakes. Ramjet 350 and 700r-4 trans.
20" Centerline wheels with Kumho 295/45/20 tires (I hope they fit).
Progress pics: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uck/?start=all
----------------
Seriously... It's nothing a large dose of cash can't fix... Right? After all, I can't take it with me when I go... Just gotta have enough to get there!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #16
roger0080

Quote:
Quote:
I have to laugh!

The reason it was "crushed" is because it wouldn't be fair for you to sell your stuff for FREE while some of us pay. That's downright common sense
It is NOT fair to change the rules after a post was publicly posted on here. Doesn't matter how many times the thread was ttt'd. To squash and remove any and all threads this way is wrong. That's just pure greed and meaness in the name of "good intentions". At least the Government grandfathers in new laws and gives us a better deal than this. Changes my view of this board.
72 GMC 1500 Retired to the junk yard after bought new in '71...
Old 03-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #17
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger0080
It is NOT fair to change the rules after a post was publicly posted on here. Doesn't matter how many times the thread was ttt'd. To squash and remove any and all threads this way is wrong. That's just pure greed and meaness in the name of "good intentions". At least the Government grandfathers in new laws and gives us a better deal than this. Changes my view of this board.
He intentionally ttt an archived post to sell an item he had listed a year prior, Most sites don't even keep archives that far back, only reason they are on this site is because its useful to look through old posts at for sale parts to get an idea of what something looks like etc. when needing a part... I gave everyone that had old posts over 90 days leeway before locking them down. If you feel its wrong to stop the people who ttt and add parts extra items, etc. to posts without paying then so be it. With your logic it means anyone who posted anything from 5 yrs ago can just ttt there old thread and sell, doesn't work that way, they got a limited time to sell their items grandfathered in, it passed. This has turned into a business for me, I don't want any of it to be like this, but I have to pay taxes on all, server fees, deal with everything and anything that goes wrong 24/7, I took a vacation during spring break for work etc. and couldn't half enjoy it cause people keep stirring **** up and causing issues etc.

Old posts if they are continued to be ttt, all of them will wind up getting deleted. Post closed as him doign this is a rule violation in itself as advertising without advertising.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Closed Thread