The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
chadvicki

Brothers Speaker Kick Panels

Can someone let me know where the woofers are mounted on their kick panels? I just received mine from CC and they really are poor. So far everything I have received lately has been of poor quality. I ordered the fuel tank carpet and it doesn't fit, and no instructions, the kick panels don't even really line up perfectly. How hard is it to have an accurate, quality mold after all this time? I dont know maybe its just me. Even the door carpet at the bottom sucked. The top is wavy and not straight. It's ridiculous. AND why is it soooo hard to put some form of successful instructions with the product. NONE of the items I have purchased came with any directions. I bought carpet kit, tank carpet, door sill guards, and speaker pods, lower door carpet and they all had issues.

Anyway now that I wasted $90 on these kick panel speaker pods. I am looking at Brothers that come with the speakers. Does anyone know if they mount the woofer low near the floor or like the others I have as close to the E-brake as they could get it. They say the depth is 3 1/2" so that would be great.

Can some one let me know if they have used them and maybe include a pic.?

Thank you very much and sorry for the rant, just frustrated,

Chad
chadvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
ghetto_superman

Re: Brothers Speaker Kick Panels

Sorry to hear about your frustration, I can't really help you out.. But can I ask where you ordered your stuff from? Sounds like maybe they sell a bad product and people would consider steering clear in the future?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
jimmydean

I'll make my own because it's not hard to do and I was not impressed by the ones I have seen offered by a few other shops.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #4
hotrodhomi

chadvicki- can you post a picture of your Kpanels and point out where they do not fit. I was thinking of getting some of these if the quality was decent, but it sounds like I should do something else.

Last edited by hotrodhomi; 01-26-2007 at 01:53 AM.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #5
AO50

lmc also has them, I don't know about the quality. http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/0094.asp
AO50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Aarons72s

I can speak on the lmc ones. They suck! You have to modify the passenger one, if I remeber correctly, it is to tall. There are no mounting provisions. I had to glue paint sticks on the back of them then glue them to the kick panel and screwed them in. I had to get creative to hide the screws. They looked good when done but shouldnt have required that much work for the price.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:05 AM   #7
chadvicki

I dont want to trash someones store. Most likely they are not the ones that made the product, they are just a dealer. The carpet comes from ACC (tank and door bottoms) The kick panels are the same ones at LMC but I did not get them from there. I am using JL XR650CSI speakers and they do not fit in those kick panels. They are to deep to fit. They are 2.81" deep.

I am going to go to Brothers this Saturday and see it in person before waisting my money again. I thought that when I got the KP's that they would fit. So in my excitement I cut out the hole for the speakers. Sooo now I have one uncut and one cut, so I can't return it. Whats the moral here? Trial fit first.

Oh well we will see what Brothers has to offer.

Chad
chadvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Try Q-logic. I just bought and recieved a pair of the generic pods and they seem like they're going to work. They'll still take some work to mount and they only work on trucks with the handle e-brake, but should do the trick well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6557&rd=1&rd=1

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 AM   #9
TDogg490

I have the same ones from LMC... the cheapo plastic ones. I put a small dynomat behind it, screwed them in, and put components. The only speakers I found that were shallow enough were imported, but you can order them. They're Rainbow Car Audio CS-265 X-Plain (They have a reverse magnet). The company makes high end audio replacement speakers for german cars, and running off just a pioneer headunit (22 watts per ch) these sound fantastic! the tweeter was surface mounted on the kick panel and tilted toward the occupants. I'd put up pictures, but the car is currently at the painter... so i cant really get a picture... but as soon as i get it back i will put up pictures, incase anyone else is interested in my setup
TDogg490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed

I bought a set of kick panel speakers with the speakers in them already for my 71 c10. They fit really great and sound good. They did not even need attaching because the front lip fit under the weatherstrip and the back was so tight and perfect that they cannot even be wiggled. No screws, glue, tape, etc.. But, I forgot where I got them!!!!!!!!!! It was mail order from one of the big boys just don't remember which. So, my point is there are good ones out there you just have to find them or like me get lucky and find them.
ghackett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #11
ChevyDude

I did the same thing...ordered some speak kick panels...and my speaks wouldn't fit in them....had to make my own with fiberglass and frozen pizza boxes!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
sleepyboy
'69 Step

I bought them from Chevy duty. I had to modify my e-brake to accommodate the depth.
sleepyboy is offline   Reply With Quote