The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
GMCPerson

1967 327 auto Carb Adapter?

I disassembled my 1967 327 engine many years ago. Now that it is back together, I can not get it to run correctly. I finally traced the vacuum leak down to the carb to manifold interface. My carb (stock as far as I know) hangs over the manifold (also stock) on the sides and the back. There are paths on the bottom of the carb which are open since the carb bottom is a different shape than the top of the intake. Did I loose an adapter? Does anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for? I hope to be able to fabricate something that will work since I doubt these are available anywhere. The attached pictures show the way it looks now. Thanks for the help. I am hopefully close to getting it running correctly!
Attached Images

GMCPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
ToddSS

Re: 1967 327 auto Carb Adapter?

You are missing the big fat gasket between the carb and intake. It's about 3/8" thick or so.

I had to re-use the one that was on the truck when I rebuilt the carb because the gasket supplied with the kit was still not wide enough and allowed a small intake leak on the driver's side of the carb.
ToddSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
GMCPerson

Re: 1967 327 auto Carb Adapter?

Thanks for the info. I must have thrown the old gasket away. Hopefully NAPA can get me the right one.
GMCPerson is offline   Reply With Quote