The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
underdog8704
NCStroker

Someone Hit The Truck

some jerk hit my truck today at school. i go to a pretty big college and always make it a point to park as far away as i can from the majority of the cars. i was pulled in to the parking space and someone managed to hit the lower part of my door, rip the trim of of the lower fender and scuff up my passenger side wheel. could not find the trim and no note or anything to boot. oh happy day!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
centsless
sufficiently talented fool

Re: Someone Hit The Truck

That stinks...What comes around, goes around, though. I'm sure they will get theirs...
1981 Corvette
1966 Impala Convertible
Click here to support the board
centsless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
BowTieOgre

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe you should get some signage for your back window offering a reward to anyone who turns in the worthless individual.

I am always on the lookout for people like that. I saw one old guy parallel park by backing up until he bumped the car behind him and pulling up till he bumped the car in front. He got out and started walking away...I said "Hey mister, if you dont tell them I will." Dude thought he got away with scuffing up other peoples cars.

Do you have full coverage on it per chance?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
tshaw72low

Most big schools has camera's every where, report it to the security office , may get lucky..
tshaw72low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
dan42

Sometimes you wonder if it's better for your dd to be a little bit of a beater - but then, no one would hit it
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I would look for cameras.
Then i would cruise the parking lot looking for some one who has ______ color scuffs on there bumper. (enter your truck's lower boduy color in the blank)
I like the idea of the sign stating offering a reward to anyone who turns in the worthless individual

Honestly, sometimes, I think it's better that I DON'T know who messed up my stuff.
Someone damged my creeper at work. Ripped the padded head rest , some of you may say boo friggen hoo, but that sucker cost me 100 bucks, and it's almost new. I saw it, got p!ssed, then calmed down saying that I don't want to be this p!ssed at any one of my co-workers.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
sniperpix

some teenage girl backed her old junker into my mother in laws new and expensive Lexus and then pulled away, a witness came into the restaurant loking for the lexus owner and gave us the plate # on the girls car , i got a buddy who is a local sherrif , i called him, and he was at her door within 3 hours

scared the livin shiznit out of her, she lied like a rug saying she thought she hit a lightpole, the cop said , .................... you would of been on the sidewalk if that was to happen

her parents had to shell out over 1500 for new rear panel, light kit, paint, etc.

there are still good people out there
sniperpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
cruisinlow67

my girlfriend and i were at a local ihop the other night and i noticed a brand new f**d w/ a diamond plate flat bed. it was parked on the side of the building where there wasnt much room. as i was smoking a tumor inducer i noticed an older gentleman getting in the truck and i knew he was gonna hit something. he managed to hit a guys 67 c10 3 times before he got out. then he looked up to see me writing down his plate number in case he drove off. what does he do??? DRIVES OFF!!! turns out he lives in george west. i almost cried when he hit the truck. luckily it wasnt the original bed, he had it at home. i ****ing hate people that do that stuff. maybe thats why i am a security guard.
cruisinlow67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #9
shelby987

these stories scare the he!! outta me, I am still working toward having a couple of nice cars/trucks myself, and the thought of someone tearing it up just because they can, or because they are too careless to take some extra time to work their car out of a spot drives me nuts!
Hope you find the guy/gal that did it.....if I had to bet, their car probably isn't worth the amount of the damage they did to your truck!
1993 Olds. Cutlass Ciera Wagon Traded 2006
2003 Saturn L200 w/5pd. D/D
My list spans 5 decades with One common thread.....GM!
shelby987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #10
GREASEMONKEY72

i hate to hear that man and i hope you get your justice

i dispise people that do things like that, ill go back and forth as many times as it takes to get into a spot and i dont give a damn how many people stare at me or laugh or whatever but atlest i didnt beat up my truck or either of the cars i just parked next to

i HATE when others dont respect your things and throw sh*t in the back or just slam the door or whatever and you yell at them not to do it and they say something like, its not gona hurt it or whatever, just pisses me off to no end, i know my truck aint the greatest but its MINE and I LOVE IT and i dont want it to get any worse then it already is

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
DUD2STUD

I feel your pain my show truck had a hit and run the crappy thing is I sold my truck the day that it happened.
DUD2STUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

My 67 got hit in the Clemson parking lot (so did my 86 Toyota truck, they about ripped the front bumper off!) No note in either case. The 67 damage wasn't noticable, they hit the front bumper hard enough so it hit the fender and scratched it, but the bumper "popped" back out, but it was bent slightly This was about 3 years ago. A dead tree also fell across the bed while at clemson from a rainstorm. No damage other than some quarter sized dings. College was not good to either of my trucks, and I had no involvement in any of them!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
crzngmychvy
"1972 C5"

The same day I bought my truck and was driving it back home and stopped to get a burger and parked my truck right in front of the big plate glass window and sat down on the other side to watch the truck. Plenty of parking everywhere else, my truck was off to one side not bothering anyone.

Then like in slow motion some lady drives up using her cell phone, parks real close to my truck and throws open her door. BANG, big ding right in the center of the door. Man, I had heart attack! Went out to raise hell with the lady, she just looked at me and my truck, didn't even get off the phone, got back into her car and drove away.

That's my story.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #14
gearhead72

Exclamation Re: Someone Hit The Truck

Sorry to here about your truck. I feel your pain man. I pulled my 72 GMC sierra grandee in the shop to do some work on it last night only to notice a fresh ding in my perfect original 72 chrome font bumper. it would have had to happen at work. I washed it Saturday and it wasn't there then. I noticed this morning it is exactly the same shape & hight as the hitch on one of the guy,s truck that I work with. The fact he never said any thing when it happened tels me it probably won't do any good to confront him. but I'm gonna any way". What hacks me off is he has a new late model Silverado loaded to the hilt. He probably thinks as long as his is OK whats what it gonna hurt to hit someones old beater. The fact is I love my truck and want it to be nice but how can I if others don't respect it.

Last edited by gearhead72; 04-27-2007 at 12:25 PM.
gearhead72 is offline   Reply With Quote