The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

New Jimmy 4x4 Club Member

Well, I wish I was posting this gorgeous Jimmy that I'll be cruising around in all summer, but that isn't the case. Truth is, it's a total basket case, w/out the baskets , or the wheels, or a floor, or a door, or a rear hatch, or an engine, or a tranny or a transfer case.

It does has something though, a new owner. It has seats, a pretty good top, both axles and most of the body parts. It has complete steering (power) and power brakes, the gage cluster is still there. I bought it from the local salvage yard for $250. He says he's pretty sure the drivers door is around there somewhere. Lets just say I saved it from the crusher and hopefully can make it road worthy again.

My plans are this: Find some wheels, a couple u-bolts for the rear axle and a trailer to tow it a storage area for now. Later plans include putting a floor in it, finding a rear hatch, finding a cheap drive train, see if I can make it driveable and street legal.

After that, I have no real idea. No plans for full restoration, no future show winner here. It will either be a mudder or just something to beat around in as is, or fixed up as a decent driver.

Here are some pics of my wreck...

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote