The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

bump stops

i was driving my 67 today and i hit a nasty a$$ chuck hole, it broke my right front shock and mount. it sucked i was driving about 55 . anyways i got her home and it pulled the upper shock mount and bolt right through the frame rail, i went down to the local auto store and got new shocks and got everything going again. took her down the road and all seems fine,im gonna have the guys at the shop align it tuesday,my question is this . i am running 3 inch drop coils 72 front sway bar , and it seems like i do bottom out alot, i did remove the factory bump stops,with shorter ones from energy suspensions when i did the drop and the sway bar upgrade. the still set about an inch off the factory mount, so can i just cut the stock mount off and just drill a 3/8s hole in the top of the lower control arm? i would put it pretty much where the stock on sits only not as tall. i am just worried about the front suspension traveling to far???? any help or ideas would be great. after the big bump and the big bumo steer at 55 that came with it . i dont want to take any chances??
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote