The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
ChaseDale3and8

Found another one...

I went to look at another old truck today that I spotted last week. On the way I happened to see this one sitting along the road. Went and looked at the first truck and found it to be overpriced, so I stopped and looked at this one on the way back.

This guy is asking $2500 for this thing! It doesn't have a straight panel on it,and is a bucket o' rust! This one makes the 71 GMC that I had look showroom new and I paid $1200 for it 5 years ago! I just can't believe how much these guys around here want for these old rusty trucks. The only good thing about this one that I could see was that the bed floor was steel, and amazingly straight for as old as it is.

The other truck wasn't worth the asking price either, so I am going to keep looking for another 71-72. I really wish I'd have kept my 71 GMC 4x4. Probably could have put 5 grand on it judging by what these guys are trying to get out of theirs! ...Joe
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
1970bowtie

Re: Found another one...

are those mirrors stick welded to the door....
WTT 2 15x10 american racing outlaw 2 wheels for 2 of the same in a 15x7 or 15x8
1970bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Ole Blue 68

I like the updated "1500" trim and 4x4 graphic...

Last edited by Ole Blue 68; 08-21-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Ole Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970bowtie View Post
are those mirrors stick welded to the door....
Nope. You can't weld rust! LOL ...Joe
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Blue 68 View Post
I like the updated "1500" trim and 4x4 graphic...

And how about the color scheme? I kind of had it in my head that this truckwould be worth $800-$900 tops. That's about all that I'd be willing to give for it in the sorry shape that it's in.

I figured from what I saw from the road he might have $1500 or so on it and I could negotiate it down from there. I wasn't anywhere close! I know these trucks are classics and all but geez it's beginning to look like the Barrett-Jackson farm truck auction around here! ...Joe
Old 08-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
sb69chevy

Chase, I haven't seen much around here either. Looking forward to the swap meet this w/e. Maybe one/some will be there?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb69chevy View Post
Chase, I haven't seen much around here either. Looking forward to the swap meet this w/e. Maybe one/some will be there?
Hey! I'm planning on going out there all 3 days!Most likely early in the morning all 3 days before it gets too hot. I have to be back here at the house before 1:30 p.m. though so that my wife can go to work. I need to talk to my sister in law and see if she could watch the boys so that I could hang around up there a little bit longer.

I told Bobbo (Robert) about this swap meet coming up a while back, but I don't know if he will be able to go or not since he usually has to work most Saturdays, and goes to church on Sundays. I work 3rd shift and have to work Sunday nights but I usually go early on Sunday mornings as well as Friday and Saturdays when they have this yearly swap meet.

It would be really cool to meet another board member! Bobbo doesn't live all that far from me. We both live on the southwest side of town. If you are going and want to meet up out there and hang out and look for some truck parts....or possible other projects...let me know. ...Joe
Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
72armyswbtruck

I think that 2k for a running 4x4 truck is a fair price, I stole mine at $500 and mine is super super straight except for the cab.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
sb69chevy

Sure, we can try to meet up. Not sure when I'm going, but Saturday a.m. for sure. I dispatch for Coke and have to be there by 1 pm, so Fri is probably out. I live in Nixa.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Sure, we can try to meet up. Not sure when I'm going, but Saturday a.m. for sure. I dispatch for Coke and have to be there by 1 pm, so Fri is probably out. I live in Nixa.
Just PM me and we can exchange cell phone numbers or decide about what time to meet up and where. You don't live very far from me either! I live over in Battlefield. Looking forward to meeting another board member from Springfield!

By the way has Bobbo or anyone else asked you if you want to join the truck club that we are trying to get started here yet? If not, I'll bring some info on it with me to the swap meet on Saturday. More than likely I'll be driving this truck instead of my 03 because I never know what I'll end up dragging home! ...Joe
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
sb69chevy

Sounds good. Can't remember anything about a club, but that doesn't mean someone didn't mention it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72armyswbtruck View Post
I think that 2k for a running 4x4 truck is a fair price, I stole mine at $500 and mine is super super straight except for the cab.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that 2 grand for nothing more than a rolling chassis and decent bed floor is way too steep. If I could get it for 8-$900 it would be worth that to me. I could find a decent cab and front clip somewhere and put some aftermarket bedsides on it and have a decent 72 4x4 for under 5 grand providing that the drivetrain is solid.

I have been wanting another one of this generation of truck since I sold my 71 GMC over 4 years ago. The guy that bought it was from Nebraska and was grinning like an idiot while he was loading my truck onto his trailer for the trip back.

I knew I was making a mistake and have regretted it ever since. I have really gotten the fever for one of these trucks since I got a look at SeeTen's short fleetside! That truck is just unbelieveable! I hope to own one just as nice someday! But first, I have to find the right victim! ...Joe
Old 08-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #13
longhorn70gmc

$1500 for the rusty truck is about right because it is a 4x4. I wouldn't pay no more then that. You can come to Cali and get a sweet one for $2500 and no rust.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
ChaseDale3and8

That sounds like the best way to go! No rust demons! ...Joe

Last edited by ChaseDale3and8; 08-23-2007 at 12:22 PM.
ChaseDale3and8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #15
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Sounds good. Can't remember anything about a club, but that doesn't mean someone didn't mention it.
I'll PM you my cell phone number. We can pick a meet up spot when we both get there. I'm thinking maybe somewhere by the grandstand entrance?

I'll bring info on the truck club with me for you to look over too just in case no one has asked. I'm really looking forward to rummaging through all those old truck parts to see what I can find! ...Joe
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
thewishartkid

chase I am going to be there tomarrow, HOW will i reconize you?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #17
ChaseDale3and8

Dang it's a SMALL world! I went to H.S. at Morrisville. Graduated waaaay back in 1984 when Bob Rickman was the principal! That 'ol boy sure swung a mean paddle!

If you have a cell phone I'll give you my cell number as well as my home phone number. I'll send you both in a PM later today and you can give me a call later tonight. We can try to set up a time to meet out there or just call each other when we get there. We'll figure something out. I am getting ready to leave and go start rummaging as I type this. I just got off of work about an hour ago so I need to go right now so I can get back before my wife has to leave for work this afternoon.

Good to hear from another Morrisville boy. I had to take a second look to see if you were from where I thought you were after Iread your screen name! I live down here in Battlefield now. Anyway I'll PM you later and look forward to meeting another board member! ...Joe
Old 08-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
ChaseDale3and8

Well I just got back. I didn't get to go through very much as expected. I did find a 70-72 2wd cab, chassis and stepside bed. I didn't get to look at it close up to find out the exact year or find out how much though.

My wife decided that she wanted to go so she and my 4 year old son tagged along. We hadn't been out there for long before they both started whining about the rain that came, then it was too hot, then they were thirsty, etc etc.

I ended up cutting it short, but I found a decent chrome winch bumper and rear v-drop for my 86. $200 for the pair, but the front looks to me like it could stand a trip to the re-chromers. He also has the winch for the front bumper. Says that something is wrong with it but would take $100 for it. I'm going to go by tomorrow and see if he still has all 3 pieces and try to negotiate him down some. ...Joe
Old 08-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewishartkid View Post
chase I am going to be there tomarrow, HOW will i reconize you?

Ok, I went through my closet trying to find something that not everybody has so that I'll stand out a little bit more so that I'll be easier to spot.

What I came up with is a purple T-shirt that has The Heartbeat Of America on the front, and in big block letters on the back has Bad Ass Boys Drive Bad Ass Toys. I'm around 5'8" and 210 pounds with blonde hair. Shouldn't be too hard to spot!

I'm going to PM you my phone number. Looking forward to meeting both of you guys. Easier to spot hidden treasure when you got more than one set of eyes too!!! ...Joe
Old 08-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #20
sb69chevy

I bet it's a little wet at the meet. It's raining like heck here at work! Hopefully, it'll be somewhat nice tomorrow...
Old 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #21
ChaseDale3and8

Hopefully dry enough to check out some trucks and parts! I didn't even get to go over to the car corral to see what kind of trucks are for sale over there this year, but it is a must do tomorrow! ...Joe
Old 08-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #22
sb69chevy

Oh yeah, rain or shine, I'll be there tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
ChaseDale3and8

See you there tomorrow morning! ...Joe