The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
HAVA79
Master Blaster

Pics for gchemist

Hope these help........
Attached Images

HAVA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

Re: Pics for gchemist

nice engine got to love the single rear seals.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Hava79,
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like I'll need two fittings for the heater hoses. I assume they are pipe fittings I can find at the hardware store. I'll pull the front passenger plug from the intake.

I see you used the stock ZZ4 thermostat housing. The water hose is really close the alternator. The serpentine belt thermostat housing has a slightly different angle. Are you using a stock radiator hose or one for serpentine belt system. I bought a 94 truck upper radiator hose. What temp thermostat are you using? Since the motor has aluminum heads, I may run a 190 or 195.

I'm a little undecided on the spark plug wires. I have a kit to route them over the valve cover like Scrobyo1986. The angle plugs will determine which way I route.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
HAVA79
Master Blaster

The water fittings I purchased at my local napa store....they are pretty good here for the "do it yourselfer"....Yes the upper rad hose is close to the alt but does not rub, I believe its just a factory upper serp hose..jesse
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
HAVA79
Master Blaster

I am using a 190 thermostat...with the electric fans I have no trouble sitting in traffic with the outside temp at 115 and the air cond. on...I did buy a new radiator from napa. It was actually pretty cheap and I just went with a factory air radiator..jesse

Last edited by HAVA79; 08-29-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
jchav62
1962 C-10

Looks nice! Very clean..
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
wildmanaaron

So what all have you done with your AC set-up? Are you still using the factory A/C stuff under the dash? I have taken the A/C set-up off of my Truck to unclutter the firewall and wondered what options I had to keep AC and as much factory parts to reuse. I don't have quite the funding for a new Vintage Air kit anyways.

I got a feeling the pictures are going to be looked at by a lot more people than who they were originally intended for!
wildmanaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
HAVA79
Master Blaster

Everybody likes posting pics of what they have done . You are right the AC is the new vintage air stuff, expensive but worth the extra room. I will try to get some new pics up with all the air ride stuff that I put on a bracket on the passenger inner fender. Space on the blazer is becoming a premium. On the driver inner fender is the 5-gallon air tank. And yes I had to remove the wiper motor also . No rain in AZ
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

I installed the fuel line today. Today was the first time I used a bending tool. I did fill the line with sand. I had a hard time getting it out because of the bends. I flushed it out with air.

In time I'll probably give it another try to get the line closer to the engine. Having air all the way around may be better too. The line is really close to the heater hose connection. I'll have to bend the fuel line so it does not touch the heater hose.

Transmission lines, starter and radiator go in tomorrow!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
HAVA79
Master Blaster

gchemist- I was just checking your picks, love to see the progress. I cant tell very well from the pics but remember you will have AC lines down the road also. And when you get a chance just go ahead and bend up another one of those lower fuel lines and let me know where to send the check . I wish I would have taken the time to get my headers coated yours look great . Keep us posted. I will try to get some updated pics of my blaz, under hood is getting really cramped. All airride components are finally installed .
Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #11
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

I have to find a parts today. I need the CS130 alternator adaptor. Plus a thermostat housing. Since I have a serpentine upper hose, I'm going to need the correct angled housing.

I'll have to take the A/C hoses and have them cut. I noticed your hoses have connections that are not crimped. That's the first time I've seen them. I wonder if the shop here can do that. It should sure make life easier.

I noticed that you have two PVC valves. Is the passenger side connected to the rear vacuum port? I'm intalling a breather but I can't find one to fit the oil cap. I may need to go chrome valve covers so the extra oil cap is removed.

Where do you guys ground the later model engines? I still need to ground the motor somewhere.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
Pyrotechnic

My negative battery cable goes to the alternator bracket. There are a couple of smaller wires on the terminal of the negative battery cable that go to the frame and the radiator support. This is with the old long water pump v-belt setup though. I used a multimeter to check the grounds all over the block and everything seemed to be good. There was a ground strap from the back of the passenger head to the firewall that I never put back on but it didn't seem to matter.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
HAVA79
Master Blaster

I had to have the ac lines crimped after getting them all to length. In those pics the lines are all crimped. The passenger side valve cover hose goes to the bottom of the aircleaner housing, and the other is a regular pcv valve that goes to the front of the carb.